Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Title Pages with Partials?

Title Pages with Partials?

I got a request for a partial and I was wondering if I include the manuscript title page?

I usually put my last name and story title in the header starting at page one but I'm not sure if that's acceptable.

So is it better to include a complete title page or simply put the info in the header?

"Take your time and make a masterpiece. The world is what you make of it." -Yuuko-san, xxxHOLiC
    Twitter

Your last name and story title should be in every header, along with the page number.

Save the title page for a requested full. They will keep your cover letter with all necessary information with a partial.
    My blog: Myth Mugger

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
    Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here

Info on my avatar

Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Seconding Deleyanlee's advice: Skip the title page unless you're asked for a full. Name and book title on all headers.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
    "The only freedom any of us ever has is the freedom to choose how we will not be free."

Tell it like it Is Susan Littlefield's Avatar
    What they said, and congratulations Moko!
    Susan

Please visit my website: http://www.susanlittlefield.blogspot.com/

Thank you guys!

"Take your time and make a masterpiece. The world is what you make of it." -Yuuko-san, xxxHOLiC
    Twitter

resident curmudgeon
    It's just not something to worry about. Send it or don't send it. Neither does any harm, though with a print partial, sending it does add a bit of eye appeal.

Hopeful romantic/hopeless pedant ARoyce's Avatar
    I don't think that kind of detail would be a dealbreaker, one way or the other.

But I always used a title page if it was an attachment or paper...and on that title page, right after the title, I would specify the amount of material included (e.g, thirty pages, five chapters, full manuscript, etc).

Congrats and good luck!
    Living my Happily Ever After and writing imaginary ones

Web site ~ Twitter ~ Facebook