Threads Magazine

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know approximately how much Threads magazine pays for its articles? I've read their submission guidelines, but it basically says that your fee will be agreed upon after they have your article in hand. You'll be given a partial payment when your contract is signed, with the rest to be paid when the "editorial process" is finished. No mention is made of what that fee might be.

I'm just looking for a ballpark figure, so I know whether it's worth submitting to them or not. An online trade magazine I frequently write for will probably publish my article, but I'm wondering if Threads would offer a more competitive pay scale. Any idea?

*Amel*

Registered
Reaction score
According to Writer's Market, "closures" (defined as stories of a humorus nature) pay $150 per page, while sewing tips pay $25 each. No details are provided about the others kinds of articles they publish. They offer kill fees of $150 and are listed under the (rather broad) category of markets that pay 10-49 cents per word or $151-750 per article. Hope this helps a bit, but it seems like you will have to discuss and negotiate with the editors directly.

*Amel*

Registered
Reaction score
You are more than welcome. I hope it works out for you.