• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Hadley Rille Books

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know anything about them, but they list one of their guest editors as Jay Lake, and he's top-notch.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Eric Reynolds and I share a mutual Facebook friend, and he gave me some great advice and even took the time to look at the beginnings of my novella to tell me if he thought my writing had potential at all. Great guy, wish I wrote in the genres they deal with :)

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
I've met the owner at several events (conventions/signings) in our region, selling the company's various titles. I haven't looked into the company itself, but he seemed to know his stuff from the times that we've talked. I do believe during our past conversations, he mentioned they utilize print-on-demand for printing books, so I imagine they likely suffer some of the same-old related issues in that regard.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
I do believe during our past conversations, he mentioned they utilize print-on-demand for printing books, so I imagine they likely suffer some of the same-old related issues in that regard.

From their website:

Wholesale Information
Hadley Rille Books titles are available through several distributors including Ingram, Baker & Taylor, Follett, and
more.

Hadley Rille Books titles are also available directly from the Publisher. Please email us for more information, or to
set up an order: contact [at] hadleyrillebooks [dot] com.

All titles are fully returnable, and we offer standard discounts.

Last edited:

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I've read one of their books. It was properly edited and formatted, so no complaints there. No idea from the writer end of things though.

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I had a short story in one of their anthologies several years ago, and I have a friend who's had a book published with them. They edit well, the covers are awesome, and they pay on time.

VanMac

Registered
Reaction score
Any updates on Hadley Rille? Their website is very quiet. Is this a bad sign?

Queried them earlier this month and they wanted more of my novel, so they're still in action and have given me reason to eat cake.