Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Bryce Courtenay, 1933-2012

I heart sexy elves and wizards. fredXgeorge's Avatar

Bryce Courtenay, 1933-2012

South-African/Australian author Bryce Courtenay passed away from stomach cancer late last night, aged 79. RIP.

Link.
    Twitter

'Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.'
    - J.K. Rowling

hopelessly devoted to crumpets SkyeOhWhy's Avatar
    So sad to hear about this. I still remember reading "April Fool's Day" as a kid; it changed my view of the world forever.

Rest in peace, Mr Courtenay.

(YA Fantasy Random House AU)

TwitterFacebookWebsite

Sounds like a good life. I hope I have that kind of dignity and good spirits when I'm looking at the end of my existence.
    Fiction blog as Manuel Royal: Donnetown Today or Recently (or a Long Time Ago)

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby

i luv you giant bear statue AW Moderator Kitty Pryde's Avatar
    oh man! I've been such a massive fan since having to read "The Power of One" in 10th grade. Many of his books are not in print here in the US and i have gone to extremes to get ahold of them. That's a huge loss to the literary community. I need to read his more recent stuff. I've got to read his recent stuff. i love TPOO and the sequel, and the Tommo and Hawk series. He always brought such passionate characters to life.

Made me want to take up boxing when I was a kid (reading Power of One) , and as I was a pacifist at the time, that was some feat.
    RIP
    Tumblr
    My Website

Tempting the Unicorn

If the idea is not original, at least let it be unpredictable. If it is not unpredictable, let it be beautiful. If it is not beautiful, let it be meaningful. If it is not meaningful, let it go.