• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Union Literary

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Sally Wofford-Girand has been around a long time.

sandolita

Registered
Reaction score
Did I read right that they accept full manuscripts in the query???
If they say you can send either sample pages or a full manuscript, which is the smarter move?

I'd love to send the full, but is that a bad move?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
If they say you can send the full, I don't seen any downside to including it (unless you have to paste it into the e-mail itself).

At the least, if they get hooked by the writing, then they can keep reading all the way through to the end.

Moonchild

I write fluff and that's OK.
Registered
Reaction score
If they say you can send the full, I don't seen any downside to including it (unless you have to paste it into the e-mail itself).

At the least, if they get hooked by the writing, then they can keep reading all the way through to the end.

I'm also confused by this. They don't specify whether they accept attachments or not... Also, Query Tracker lists a "submissions" email address, but the agency's website doesn't. It just says to direct your query to your agent of choice.

MadameApeFace

How do you work this crazy thing?
Registered
Reaction score
I have to confess I'm a little stumped as well. In the absence of a direct endorsement of attachments, I always err on the side of pasting into the e-mail...but doing that with a full seems ridiculous.

I also wish the agent bios were a little more clear in terms of what they are actually seeking, in terms of submissions. A brief sampling of authors they already represent is valuable, but it tells us nothing about what else they would like to see - and "general fiction" is a rather broad category.

Moonchild

I write fluff and that's OK.
Registered
Reaction score
Just checked the website again and it would appear they now specify to send the full as a .doc or .docx attachment (but no PDFs)