3-yr-old boy's mom gets a $2,500 citation from a cop 'cuz the boy peed in the mom's front yard

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Last edited:

Ergodic Mage

Neophyte Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to see we are now protected from this most horrendous of crimes. I've woken up from nightmares of 3 year olds peeing on their parents private property.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I would have thought the kid's mom called the cops herself!

My friend caught her daughter doing this. She ran outside, and said, "Hey! We are not camping!" Her daughter said, "Mommy! That grass was pretending it was a potty!"

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com

My friend caught her daughter doing this. She ran outside, and said, "Hey! We are not camping!" Her daughter said, "Mommy! That grass was pretending it was a potty!"

hmmmmm ..... maybe I should change the thread title a little? (I hate thread titles that are in any way confusing.)

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if this 3-year-old will get on the sex offendors list for this. That has happened to adults who did the same thing.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifesty...potty-break-gets-2500-ticket-then-an-apology/

By Tuesday, just two days after the incident, the Wardens were visited by police at their home again, but this time with an apology.

“Yesterday the police chief [Piedmont Police Chief Alex Oblein] stopped by and apologized and said that they were dropping the charges,” Warden said today. “We told him we appreciated him coming and for all his help. He didn’t have to come by the house. That was nice of him to do that.”

There's something else going on here, I'll wager.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
If you read the comments thread on the original report there is at least one posting that refers to the family concerned as being ' a problem family'. Could be a bit of vindictiveness by individuals who were happy to take the opportunity to cause trouble for the kid's folks.

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The officer has since been suspended and then fired.

Like robeiae, I think there's more to the story. One of the news accounts states the officer was parked at the top of their drive "because it's public property," or some wording like that. Watching.

Were I a betting man, I'd split it between 1. Nuisance complaints by neighbors now seeking a specific reason to cite and 2. Some kind of Petraeus-style personal vendetta and/or stalking.

So much never makes it into the papers.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score

It can be really tricky to keep them from doing it too. I've had kids drop their pants in a matter of seconds. They finish peeing before I even make it across the playground.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thankfully the right thing was done in this case.

Kid across the street from us peed in the front yard all the time. We never cared.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
My nephew went through a phase of running outside naked any chance he got. Sis finally told him "If you go outside naked again the police will come and put you in jail because that's against the rules."

He stopped.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My nephew went through a phase of running outside naked any chance he got. Sis finally told him "If you go outside naked again the police will come and put you in jail because that's against the rules."

He stopped.

Not to derail but

I don't like that form of reprimand. It teaches kids to be afraid of the police.

At that age and even older, if the kid gets separated from their parents they might be too afraid to approach a police officer for help, thinking they could be in trouble. Leaving the child in a more vulnerable situation.

End derail