Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: YA Beta request, swap welcome

practical experience, FTW eparadysz's Avatar

YA Beta request, swap welcome

I'm looking for beta readers for my YA…contemporary fantasy? Urban fantasy? Light sci-fi? Anyway, it's YA.

Half-assed description:

Seventeen-year-old Guin has studied for years as an apprentice Weaver, able to open windows into other realities. She and her partner Griffin are ready to set the insular Weaver world on its ear with their impressive client list and growing reputation. At least they were, until Griffin started losing his grip on their reality. Now her mentor wants Guin to write Griffin off and work with a new partner.

Then Guin discovers that his condition isn’t as hopeless as everyone seems to think. Sure, there are risks involved, but she’ll do whatever is necessary to hold on to him. The only problem is, Griffin has other ideas.

It's about 80K, and the first scene in SYW is linked in my sig. Language and content may be upper YA range. Anyone allergic to multiple (2) first-person POVs should pass.

I would be thrilled and honored to swap (I could probably offer the most useful critique for YA, but I'm willing to try almost anything).

Thanks in advance.

It's always darkest before the bottom drops out.

figuring it all out
    This sounds fabulous. I'd love to beta read this for you! My credentials (as posted on from another thread): I'm very well read in YA, especially Dystopian stuff. I haven't posted much on here, but I'm a lurker. Also, I've written two unpublished YA novels in the last year which I'm hoping to query come May or June 2013.

I have a YA Dystopian novel that I'm looking for someone to beta come the beginning of January. Would you be interested in swapping? It would be a belated swap; I would give you feedback and you would receive my MS after the new year, but it's a swap nonetheless Let me know.

PM'd you.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin tanyadavies's Avatar
    I'd be happy to read this! I'd really like a swap if poss. If you still need someone let me know and we can chat?
    thanks
    t
    Tanya Davies - Follow as I blog and generally try to figure out what on earth's going on.
    Tweet me. Or not. Whatever you choose.

Sent you a PM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I'm new to these forums but I'd love to read this! I read a ton of YA, especially fantasy, sci-fi and dystopian, and I'm also a professional magazine editor. I'm working on a YA fantasy novel as well, and would love to swap, but it's still very much in progress, so if you're interested, perhaps could take a raincheck for a few months from now when it's ready?

figuring it all out ElectricLights's Avatar
    Sounds great! I've been away for a while, school and acting kept me busy but I miss writing. I'd be happy to swap. I give a lot of critique type feedback and I pay attention to wording mostly. It's one of the most important things to me. But I do grammar as well. PM me anytime. I just got an IPhone so I'll be around a lot more
    A word for the wise