Yay! TMI Trailer!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

fireluxlou

Registered
Reaction score
Wow that was quick for a trailer. I mean they only finished filming last week.

TudorRose

not napping... brainstorming!
Registered
Reaction score
It's coming up as blocked for me. Is that because I'm in the states?

Nah, blocked for me now too under copyright violation! I'll edit my previous post.

Glad you're so excited about the film, Mel - haven't read the books yet myself, but I want to get the first one in before film comes out.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, blocked for me now too under copyright violation! I'll edit my previous post.

Glad you're so excited about the film, Mel - haven't read the books yet myself, but I want to get the first one in before film comes out.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was the case because I searched Youtube yesterday for the trailer but it seems MTV has the exclusive rights at this point. I'm sure it will be available in the near future.

Sydneyd

Aye, ye scurvy dog!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I saw the trailer yesterday. I had to contain my girlish squeeing. I am excited to see all the demons on the screen, this book has so many chances to make a visually stunning movie.

I just saw Lilly Collins in Mirror, Mirror on netflix. I'd remembered her name as being cast for Clary so as I watched her I tried to fit her in the role. I thought it could be a good match. I'm holding out on the actor who plays Jace, I'll need a longer trailer for that, or a trailer that shows him doing something very bad ass.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just found out from some people who srsly love me and know of my undying love for this little YA series called The Mortal Instruments. It one of those series that's a total hit or miss for most people, but for me, it's been my favorite series ever (don't be judgin', Yo!). Sadly, it doesn't come out until next summer, but I'm just happy it's coming out!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1697444/mortal-instruments-city-of-bones-exclusive-trailer.jhtml

Please, let's not use this thread to cut up the books. I'd prefer to keep it a thread where people who enjoyed the books and are looking forward to the movie have a place to discuss and share our excitement. If that's possible. If not, so be it. *shrugs*

No idea what TMI is.

Then you're not a fan ;)

The Mortal Instruments--a YA Fantasy series by Cassandra Clare

Every time I see it, it reads as "too much information."

Be nice, guys. Don't be a harsh-mellow and violate the OP's request.

:tmi

:sarcasm

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe people still use sarcasm in a civilised society. :sarcasm

And just for the record: any discussions relevant to the movie are allowed to be discussed in the thread, even if it involves a mention of the book. Thread starters cannot dictate what can and cannot be discussed inside a thread they start. Just remember, though, to keep discussions on topic, to respect your fellow writer, and not to flame for flames sake. For example: I hate this book/movie, as a stand alone statement would not be acceptable. If you were to explain why you didn't enjoy the movie/book, and it's pitfalls in telling a story etc, then that would be fine. And lastly: I like Baileys. And cookies.

So, just to be totally clear. I like Baileys and cookies. Thankyee.

Last edited:

Nick Rolynd

50% Dark, 50% Snark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
knitewrites.wordpress.com
Judging by the trailer, I think the film will be decent. That's really the only vibe I get from it. It doesn't scream masterpiece, but bad movies usually have bad trailers, and this one isn't too shoddy. I'm always afraid when I hear about a book adaptation that the movie is going to be awful because it happens far too often.

Looks like they changed quite a bit from the book though, which is (normal but) a little worrisome. Hopefully, the core story is about the same.

I suppose we'll find out next August.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Be nice, guys. Don't be a harsh-mellow and violate the OP's request.

:tmi

:sarcasm

:p

Whatevs. Tear it up if you must. Nothing anyone says about it will take away my excitement for this film.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe people still use sarcasm in a civilised society. :sarcasm

And just for the record: any discussions relevant to the movie are allowed to be discussed in the thread, even if it involves a mention of the book. Thread starters cannot dictate what can and cannot be discussed inside a thread they start. Just remember, though, to keep discussions on topic, to respect your fellow writer, and not to flame for flames sake. For example: I hate this book/movie, as a stand alone statement would not be acceptable. If you were to explain why you didn't enjoy the movie/book, and it's pitfalls in telling a story etc, then that would be fine. And lastly: I like Baileys. And cookies.

So, just to be totally clear. I like Baileys and cookies. Thankyee.

I deleted my statement in the OP. I'm totally open to any sort of discussions and would never want to deter anyone from feeling they cannot voice their opinions whatever they may be. If it gets to a point that I'm bothered by what others are saying, I have the option to not enter the thread. Free will!