Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Online Workshop Group for play writing

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Online Workshop Group for play writing

I'm new here. I write mostly poems, but have started writing a play and was wonder if anyone knew of an online play writing group that can give me feedback and help me stay motivated.

practical experience, FTW
    Hi Portia:

This site has a share your work area but it is general not play specific. The advantage is that it is password protected so search engines can not find your work.

AuthorsbyDesign.com has a script section and people occasionally post their work. AbD has private crit groups to review and comment on your work. I don't think there is a play writing crit group but I'm sure they would start one if there was enough interest. The crit groups are password protected, other posts are not.

stageplays-forum.com is playwright specific and people often share their work there. I'm pretty sure that nothing is password protected there.

Doug

there is a script section on the share your work, but its not real active (IIRC, it's been awhile since _I"VE_ been on it tbh) and yes it is password protected, I'll see if I can dig up the link
    In The Shadow Of The Cross-Coming Soon from The Script Co.

Based On The...-Black Box Theatre Publishing

Allie In Wonderland and The Absolutely True Story of Tom Sawyer as Told by Becky Thatcher-Heartland Play Publishers

Blogging AT

The password is "vista" (without the quotes) It isn't a secret just a way to keep the search engines out. The Share Your Work forum is way down towards the bottom of the first page.

thanks for the password Doug, I couldn't remember it.

yeah didn't mean to imply it was a secret, I just couldn't remember it
    In The Shadow Of The Cross-Coming Soon from The Script Co.

Based On The...-Black Box Theatre Publishing

Allie In Wonderland and The Absolutely True Story of Tom Sawyer as Told by Becky Thatcher-Heartland Play Publishers

Blogging AT

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply anything - my response was really meant to amplify your response.

Doug