• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

JET Literary Associates

AlonzoZackory2

Agent Reference:

Anybody out there in wonderland have an experiences, (pro or con), with Jet Lit Assoc., (Elizabeth Trupin-Pulli), from Santa Fe, NM, NYC, & Vienna Austria?

Thanks.

SavannahL

Re: Agent Reference:

She looks legit, to me. No negative information about JET Literary at Preditors & Editors, and the client list/recent publications on their website is extensive. The only thing I note is that it appears some of the books they've placed have gone to publishers that don't necessarily require a writer to be agented (such as Silhouette and Disc-Us). Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

vstrauss

Re: Agent Reference:

Elisabeth Trupin-Pulli of JET Literary has a track record of commercial sales. They're displayed on her website: www.jetliterary.com/clients.htm. Based on what I see there, it looks as if she's selling 5-10 books a year--not a lot, but she seems to have a small client list. Sales seem to represent a reasonable mix of independent and large houses. There've also been some dramatic rights sales for the authors whose estates she represents

She owns a publisher, Disc-Us Books, which poses at least a potential conflict of interest. However, there doesn't seem to be much overlap, except in the case of the estates she represents, where quite a few of the books have been re-issued through Disc-Us.

I believe at one point that JET did charge fees (reading fees?) but I haven't heard anything about this for a very long time.

- Victoria

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
Am I missing something or have they not sold much since '03-'04?
Gosh... I've got the two voices going...do it-don't do it...:Huh:

They asked for an exclusive....but I'm waiting to hear from other agents.
What to do???

They are in NM. Any advice?

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Baywitch said:
Am I missing something or have they not sold much since '03-'04?
Gosh... I've got the two voices going...do it-don't do it...:Huh:

They asked for an exclusive....but I'm waiting to hear from other agents.
What to do???

They are in NM. Any advice?
Previous thread:
JET Literary Associates (aka Disc-Us Books) (Elizabeth Trupin Pulli)
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720

CoaPaux made a very handy Index to Agents, Publishers, and Others, which is sticky'd to the top of this board. Useful for finding existing threads, so you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Have you asked them for a list of recent sales?

wombat

wombats galore
Registered
Reaction score
Website
animalsbehavingbadly.blogspot.com
Hi, longtime reader, firsttime poster... Does anyone have any recent experience with this agent? She asked to read my ms. on an exclusive basis and now I'm having to put off another agent who's asked to see it. She definitely looks legit and our email discussions have been reasonable but... I was really burned by the last person who asked for an exclusive. I would be interested in any first-hand experience that anyone can share.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
Yes. About a month ago I submitted a proposal for a nonfiction book to her (she had asked for an exclusive), and within a day she had rejected it. So, my response was nice and fast. I've got queries out to a number of other agencies (since January 8) who have not responded at all.

allen

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
She wanted to read a partial of mine on an exclusive basis and wouldn't waive exclusivity when I told her that wasn't possible. That was the extent of my interaction with her.

nicolesingslave

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolesingslave.buzznet.com
Just as update taken from Elizabeth Trupin-Pulli's site...
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
We appreciate your interest in working with JET. Due to the avalanche of queries and submissions that have come our way via email and conferences this past year, we will only be accepting submissions from referrals beginning now until further notice. Please keep checking back for updates on submissions.

Spring

Little Miss Sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I sent an unsolicited query to this agency. I was asked for a full. I sent that at the beginning of December. I've heard nothing. I'm not too hopeful that anything will come of this, but I do hope to hear something definitive either way.
Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else is looking at JET. The response after sending my query was prompt and polite.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Time to send a polite status request.
If they don't reply keep sending on a monthly basis until they do

sb2brown

Registered
Reaction score
Just as an update, in case people are wondering about queries...

I've been ghostwriting a memoir for an author who queried Elizabeth Trupin-Pulli on 4/26/11. He received this reply on 4/29/11:

Thanks for your query. Due to a family health crisis, I must declare a moratorium on new submissions for the coming year. I appreciate your thinking of JET Literary Associates and I wish you every success with your work.
Cordially,
Liz Trupin-Pulli

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
I've been ghostwriting a memoir for an author who queried Elizabeth Trupin-Pulli on 4/26/11. He received this reply on 4/29/11:

Thanks for your query. Due to a family health crisis, I must declare a moratorium on new submissions for the coming year. I appreciate your thinking of JET Literary Associates and I wish you every success with your work.
Cordially,
Liz Trupin-Pulli

Well, I queried her on 1/21 and got the same message back today. I guess this means everyone should not bother sending in anything until she posts otherwise on her website? :Shrug:

EDIT: Just noticed that her IP address in the e-mail header had visited my website three minutes before sending the rejection e-mail. Not sure what to make of that.

Last edited:

NoblinGoblin

I write in bed.
Registered
Reaction score
I got this same email a couple of weeks ago. I'd queried her at the beginning of May.