Happy July 4th!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Diamond Kahn & Woods Literary Agency

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon Saskatoonistan's Avatar

Smile Diamond Kahn & Woods Literary Agency

From today's The Bookseller

Here's DWK Literary's submission guidelines.

Ella Kahn has been my literary agent's assistant since 2009 and I've worked very closely with her over the past two years. They've just launched their new agency so no sales yet but they will come.

Anyone who lands Ella as an agent will be very well taken care of, so they're open to submissions as of today. Good luck!

UPDATE - Actually it's Diamond Kahn & Woods - not Diamon. If someone could fix the title that would be great - I didn't have my glasses on when I typed it.
    Last edited by Saskatoonistan; 11-12-2012 at 03:37 PM.

My Website. Twitter.

AGENTED - AUGUST 24,2010 WOOT!!! AGENTED AGAIN February 2015! WOOT! WOOT!

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

Agent, author, human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saskatoonistan View Post
    From today's The Bookseller

Here's DWK Literary's submission guidelines.

Ella Kahn has been my literary agent's assistant since 2009 and I've worked very closely with her over the past two years. They've just launched their new agency so no sales yet but they will come.

Anyone who lands Ella as an agent will be very well taken care of, so they're open to submissions as of today. Good luck!

UPDATE - Actually it's Diamond Kahn & Woods - not Diamon. If someone could fix the title that would be great - I didn't have my glasses on when I typed it.
    Just queried Ms. Diamond Kahn the other day. Curious to see turnaround time since their still new. And thanks for the tip!
    *opinions are my own*

Find more about me at:

My Website
    Twitter
    The Seymour Agency

practical experience, FTW Project Deadlight's Avatar

DKW Literary Agency

http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/

Anyone have any thoughts about this new agency? Didn't see it listed.

Well, my main thought is that I just submitted to Ms. Diamond Kahn.

The reasons why are Saskatoonistan's endorsement, an interview with the pair of agents given here, and the fact that Ms. Diamond Kahn is interested in representing both YA and adult science-fiction and fantasy.

I just wrote a note to the guys at QueryTracker asking for DK&W to be added (mostly so that I can selfishly track my own query). Hopefully, if they're listed we'll get more information from the comments there.

I haven't been able to find any sales for them, but they've just started (as Sask pointed out above). They have started getting other machinery in place, such as subsidiary agents to handle translation rights.
    Blog: An Experiment on a Bird in the Air Pump

Link to my AW Library Page

Represented by Lana Popovic of Chalberg & Sussman.

Sescha Young
    I liked the interview link! Currently doing my agency research, but it sounds promising.

Looking forward to reading about the experiences others have.

Rock-licker
    I've submitted to them - really liked the look of the agency. Now for the wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Thedrellum View Post
    Well, my main thought is that I just submitted to Ms. Diamond Kahn.

I haven't been able to find any sales for them, but they've just started (as Sask pointed out above). They have started getting other machinery in place, such as subsidiary agents to handle translation rights.
    Here's one sale: http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/2013/09/us...anessa-curtis/

And here's The Bookseller naming them as among the year's rising stars: http://www.thebookseller.com/feature...tars-2013.html

My Website. Twitter.

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

I find ur lack of faith disturbing mellymel's Avatar
    I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
    Any new info on this agency? I just did a quick search on them and though they have a website that looks like the "typical" agency type of website, I can't find any books they have as of yet published. Granted I'm not the best at researching this kind of stuff, but I checked the first 5 authors they have listed on their "authors" page and couldn't find a single book published among them. There is one mention of one author who has a book that is GOING to be published but the trail seems to die out and there's not further info on it. All their names link to twitter accounts and linked in accounts or back to this agency, but I'm not seeing anything. I only bring it up because someone I "know" is planning to pitch to them, so I was just curious and tried checking them out and hit some dead ends. They are a UK based agency, so perhaps the info is not coming up, but I'm wondering what's going as it seems they've now been around for about a year and half? Maybe more?

Here's the link to the contest:

http://www.biggreenbookshop.com/stuf.../prod_718.html
    Last edited by mellymel; 02-15-2014 at 06:14 AM.
    "The good thing about telling the truth is that there's nothing to remember."--John Ford Noonan (playwright)
    "Falling on your face is still moving forward."--Ron Maranian (comedian)

Find me on Twitter!: melksan

I know they've got a couple of sales - here's one to Angry Robot Books:

http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/2014/02/an...-ishbelle-bee/

My Website. Twitter.

practical experience, FTW oscuridad's Avatar
    They're sound, building a client base and making sales. I am lucky enough to be represented by them. Very professional.

practical experience, FTW Australian River's Avatar
    I love the look of this agency - they publish quirky books which is what I write.

I queried them today so the wait begins!

Braving the query mountains Cel_Fleur's Avatar
    I love the look and feel of their website, but I probably won't query them until they've made a few more sales. There's no doubt they're legit, though. Some good experience (though I am biased, since Bryony went to my uni :P)
    One day the world will dissolve, and all that will remain will be memories.

"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Yes, I look to Continental Philosophy and anti-realistic logic. No biggie. I dream one day to learn Polish.