Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Being offended by the term 'fair'

Banned for Trolling
    I just find it amazing people accusing someone of bigotry are making a ton of judgments based on assumptions without supporting evidence.

It seems pretty likely somebody assumed I was a white male too.

'Twas but a dream of thee El Jefe MacAllister's Avatar
    Oh for heaven's sake.

Glutton, you asked a question. You got your answers. Many answers.

This whole discussion really has nothing to do with political correctness -- so I dunno what all your hand-wringing is really about.

You wrote something. One reader offered a comment about a phrase. The way to respond to that isn't "OH WOE! If I write the way I want to write, politically correct, censoring assholes will think I'm a sexist douchebag! And I'm TOTES NOT a sexist douchebag, I just want the freedom to sound like one!"

The way to respond to that is to decide whether or not those are the right words for your audience. If they aren't, then change 'em. But it's certainly not the fault of some faceless torch-bearing PC feminist mob if the phrase doesn't work.
    AW on FaceBook
    AW on Twitter!
    About.Me

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345