• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

One Short Per Week Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrogen

Banned
Reaction score
I'm getting back into writing short stories again and would like to have a writing partner/beta reader to swap stories with.

We would write one short a week to be critiqued. We could come to an agreement on when we swap stories, when we give back the critiques and when we discuss them. I'm looking for someone who would be committed to this for longer than just a few weeks.

I would like to keep it within a minimum of 1,500 words and a max of 10,000 words.

Live discussion would be best when going through critiques. I'm available after 5.30 weekdays and can accommodate most times on the weekend.

The ultimate goal is to get each story published. I've been published before, but have fallen out of practice due to work. I'd like to change that.

I also ask that you can give strong criticism and can take criticism as well. We all want to get better. Pointing out what works is great and should be done, but pointing out what doesn't work is how, as an editor, you help a writer grow.

If people are interested I would be willing to do this with up to two people. I'd be happy to discuss this more if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.