I will have to quit NaNo ):

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
Mostly because of health reasons. Currently, I have a leaky gut, gluten and lactose intolerance. Turns out rice and corn are also bugging me, so I have to adjust to a grain-free diet ASAP and not only I am eating too little because of new diet adjustments and intestinal problems, I'm very very tired because of the most recent slip with gluten I had, which happened on Monday.

I desperately need to rest. Although I had a great start already (perhaps I could end the novel if I returned later) I joined NaNo mostly because I had no other project since I was resting to re-write my second draft -- so while the challenge was exciting, I wasn't going to push myself over the edge...

And unfortunately, the edge hasn't been so far away as of late.

:cry:

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
Rest. Get well. That's the most important thing.

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear that! But your novel will be waiting for you when you are feeling better (and take all the time you need to rest and recover - more haste, less speed and all that).

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
Know where that edge is at is the best thing you can do for yourself. I'm sorry you're losing more food options and I hope the new diet helps your stomach.

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words :)

I'll try to write a hundred words a day or so just to say I wrote something down during the day, but not much, until I'm really better.

moreferarum

Registered
Reaction score
So sorry to hear that, always look after yourself! Make sure you rest and take the time to recover. A novel can wait, I hope you feel better soon

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Are you able to get Lactaid? That can at least help with the lactose intolerance. They make lactase enzyme pills and lactose-free milk and other dairy products.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Oh my, hope you feel better. And don't let yourself feel bad on the NaNo thing, cause guess what? It happens every single year. And writing is writing anyway. Considering how you feel even 100 words a day is good.

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
Aw, sorry about that Persei. :(
Hope you feel better soon. But on the bright side, you're still getting a few new words each day, AND you're keeping yourself in the habit of writing daily for when your health returns and you can start up again. :)
Good luck, anyway!

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
Are you able to get Lactaid? That can at least help with the lactose intolerance. They make lactase enzyme pills and lactose-free milk and other dairy products.

I'm seriously considering taking Lactaid right now... Having to go grain-free was a hard blow on my diet, and I need variety so others intolerances won't show up.

At least the diet seems to be working and my health is improving a little each day.