AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Publisher] Bookouture

Shortlisted by The Bookseller for the award Digital Business of the Year.
    OUT NOW!
    The Lost Daughter of India
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Sons of Gods -- the Mahabharata

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by aruna View Post
    Shortlisted by The Bookseller for the award Digital Business of the Year.
    Sure seems like they've earned that recognition.

tri

It's a long and winding road RoseColoredSkies's Avatar
    They are definitely in good company.
    YA Urban Fantasy - revising
    Women's Fiction - querying

in my own little corner, in my own little chair
    Just threw my hat in the ring, as well. Now, to wait!
    I haz blog--The Cinderella Diaries

I makes like a birdie here!--Tweet-Tweet!

amazon.com

Just threw my second hat in the ring after a YA rejection. Now, to wait again.

tri

So sorry about the R, Tri, and best of luck with the new submission! BTW--how long did you have to wait to hear on the first one?

amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher'sWife View Post
    So sorry about the R, Tri, and best of luck with the new submission! BTW--how long did you have to wait to hear on the first one?
    It was about 24 days on a full. Pretty quick.

tri

Tri, that R was from them? That was pretty quick for them since they usually say about 8 weeks.

Sorry about the R Tri, and better luck next time.
    OUT NOW!
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi

Aruna, I looked for your book "Small Fortune ..." on the Barnes & Noble site. It's available in paperback but not ebook there.

I don't have a Kindle, I have a Nook. There was a link to "ask this publisher to make this a Nook book" so I clicked on that.

For digital, are they only doing Amazon at this point?

And congratulations on your sales! That's terrific. Well-earned.

I'll find out from our publicity person -- I know that they did an Amazon Select promotion for Of Marriageable Age but I don't know about this one. I'll find out. In the meantime, pm me your email address.
    OUT NOW!
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Website
    Facebook

~ Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by RoseColoredSkies View Post
    Tri, that R was from them? That was pretty quick for them since they usually say about 8 weeks.
    Yeah, it was fast, which really surprised me. I have another sub in there and I'll report on that response time too.

tri

I hope your new submission has better luck. I'm still waiting for a response on mine. Today is 23 days.

practical experience, FTW Pisco Sour's Avatar
    Good luck to us! I'm at 28 days on a re-release submission. Half-way to their two month response time and working on other things to keep myself busy! *fingers crossed* to hear good things from my fellow AW submit ors!
    Last edited by Pisco Sour; 03-17-2015 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Update on my submission to Bookouture, then put it below.

Alas, a rejection this morning. Gutted, but not surprised. It was a standard form R, received at 29 days. I have in mind one other house that might take my zany sci-fi re-release, after which I will probably have to self-pub it if I want to finish the series. Strangely, I'm feeling relieved which is a reaction I've never had to a rejection before. Not, I must say, because I have misgivings re Bookouture. Quite the contrary, so some inner searching is in order! I'll still submit to Bookouture again, at some point, if I write something that better suits their list. Ho-hum, rejection is never nice, no matter my wonky reaction, so I'm taking a break from my current WIP and splurging on a ginormous cuppa of Earl Grey with chockie bicky.

Good luck to Rose and Tri!

I'm so sorry to hear that, Pisco Sour, and fingers crossed for next time.
    OUT NOW!
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Website
    Facebook

~ Rumi

Thanks, Aruna. I have now been fortified by tea and chocolate, and I've just received copy edits for my next contemporary romance so no time to ponder what to do with my re-release until that's turned around. Nothing like a deadline to wipe away the humphs!

I also got the form R today (as did a friend of mine). Oh well. We'll see what happens with a couple other places.

Sorry to hear about the news, guys. I've been watching this thread closely and am rooting for you all. I was going to sub if my pending ones fall through. Love the covers, Aruna, love yours. They're on Netgalley too which is a great plus.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Irishgal's Avatar

Wink Bookouture

Hey everyone, I've been watching this thread on and off and I know how nerve wracking it can be choosing which publishers to submit to.

I was signed by Bookouture in a three book deal late last year and I'd like to say they've treated me wonderfully. I'm previously a self published author with a book that sold quite well, and could have easily taken that route again. However there was something about Bookouture I really liked, and I'm so pleased my intuition served me well by helping me trust my gut and submit the first of my three novels in my DC Jennifer Knight series, Don't Turn Around.
    It's currently on Amazon to pre-order, but will be released on 24th April. I just wanted to say the team at Bookouture have been amazing. The editors, publicist, and fellow authors make it like one big family, and they are very approachable and friendly. I've had fantastic input in every area of this book and anyone who has ever self published will know that it can be quite hard to let go if you're used to having your say. From the edits, to the name, and cover design, they've been with me every step of the way. Truly marvellous. I hope I can inspire you to submit!

Caroline Mitchell
    www.caroline-writes.com

YAY! Hope it all goes swimmingly! They rejected my previously pubbed novel, but I've got them in mind for a new contemporary, later on in the year. Happy to see another contetned writer, and hope your sales are fab!

Good for you. I got my full reject about a week ago. Nothing gained nothing lost.

tri

It seems like only yesterday you contacted me to ask for an honest opinion, Caroline. So glad I could encourage you and you're happy with your choice! Wishing you all the best to your launch and lots of sales!
    I won't say any more but from the reports I've heard I see good things ahead for you! The reviews to date are brilliant, and I'll be reading it pretty soon.
    OUT NOW!
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Website
    Facebook

~ Rumi

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Irishgal's Avatar
    Thanks everyone, yes it does only seem like yesterday I contacted you and asked what they were like as a publisher, and you were very helpful and encouraging!
    I'm thrilled with pre-sales, and Goodreads bloggers reviews. I'm just polishing off book two before submitting to the editor, who has been brilliant to work with. I can't praise them enough. Keep writing and keep trying is my advice for anyone submitting.

Just checking in. Poop. So sorry to hear of the rejections Tri, Rose, and Pisco. I'm still waiting to hear on my 3-13 submission and trying to hang on to any thread of hope I can.

Congratulations Sharon and Caroline! Your success with this publisher looks/sounds outstanding and after doing some research, I've noticed fantastic ratings for every Bookouture release I've seen so far on Amazon. Crossing my fingers that I might be able to join you!

amazon.com

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast