Neoterism November 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Happy November! Here's where you come for cheering :e2cheer:, comfort :Hug2:, and poking :poke: for your daily words.

(Anything other than word count woes and celebration goes in the various other threads, please!)

Everyone's welcome; no fretting about genre. All books have suspense, right?

How did you do in October? What are your goals for November?

I sucked in October and my goals are the same for November. Uh, writing 500 words a day, not sucking. :D

How about you? Are you doing NaNo?

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
I'm in for November! I know my story, and the second draft is on.

10,000 words this month. Yes, there's that much to do in the rewrite...

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
All Neoteric and Nanoish in November, blissfully mapping out story elements and plot outlines (three endings! each more possible than the last!) and drafting new scenes. The agony yet to come.

Onesecondglnce, that sounds a good goal for the month and I hope the rewrite goes well.

Planning notes: 1 600 words today, character profiles, notes on setting, backstory
Actual text: 800 words, but may do another 500 because a a new idea has just come to me.

AMtran

Registered
Reaction score
I would love to do NaNo. But unfortunately, I am 60% of the way through my WIP so I don't want to start over and lose whatever momentum I’ve gained in the last four months.

My daily goal is 500 words/day or 3,000 words/wk. I’ve been hitting it consistently since I started writing my WIP four months ago. But I am an outliner so I know what I scenes I need to write each time I sit down.

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
I have about 10,000 words written on the current WIP. I am going to hammer out the complete manuscript over the course of NaNo, I think. That comes to about 1,700 words per day, which is right on pace with what I've been writing lately. Let's see if I can keep that pace up!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Hi to my fellow NaNo'ers, or is it NaNoites? Anyway, on track for 50K this month and my new series. Posted 1678 today, but hoping to get more before bed. (If I ever get off the damned Internet!) :tongue

ETA: Ended the day of writing with 1862! :D

Last edited:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Goal is 1000 words a day, 30k or more for the month.

Doing Nano but only for 30k. (I has bad wrists).

Good luck everyone on your goals.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Day 1: 2066.

It's really weird, writing just to have words come out. I've been working on my WIP for a year, and most of that time has been editing. To sit down and bang out a new story...it's lovely. But weird.

Go, osg, Marya, AM, wonder, Matt, Ken, Saoirse, and everyone else who joins! :e2cheer: Here's to NaNo, to 50K or any other goal!

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
First words written for NaNo, and already the story got derailed. Ah, well. This year I'm trying to finish the NaNo Thing I started last year, and the thing doesn't care what kind of words it gets fed as long as it gets words. :e2teeth:

Good luck, everyone, on your November goals!

:Sun:

MyFirstMystery

Having Fun with Words
Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

October was a good month, although I didn't track word count. I wrote on average 4-5 days per week which is pretty good for me. I completed my initial simple outline (scene by scene), completed my main character profiles, and did some setting research. I also got my writing blog cleaned up and looking professional, since I'm in the starting stages of building my "platform" as they call it.

My goal for November is to complete my "detailed" outline for the first section of the book and to get my first 10K words.

For the record, I'm working on a complete re-write of my book. I wrote a very messy first draft years ago, but I've learned a lot about plot, pacing, and structure since then, so I'm taking the "story" and rebuilding it from the ground up.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll online this month.

MFM

Marya

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Good luck with rebuilding, My First M. I'll be doing that in December with a novella that almost worked.

Any one who wants to find me on Nanowrimo, I'm mala50 there and eager to give some support to those going for 50k.

Made some more plot notes and about to settle in for a writing stint, propped up by pot of coffee, homebaked shortbread, etc.

Hoping for at least 1 600 words today.

Marya

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lizmonster -- yes, it feel strange to me too, I keep wanting to stop and edit my own first draft, which would be fatal.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
lizmonster -- yes, it feel strange to me too, I keep wanting to stop and edit my own first draft, which would be fatal.

Just keep writing, just keep writing... (with apologies to Finding Nemo :e2fish:)

Editing comes later. For now, just keep going and find out what comes next.

I'm "TheIT" over on the NaNo forums, too, if anyone wants to be buddies.

Good luck!

:Sun:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I had no words, as I was in meetings all day yesterday, but I had thoughts! That counts. That totally counts.

Good start, everyone!

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
lizmonster - It was weird for me too, going from revising/editing my novel to drafting again. I think it takes a bit for the brain to shift gears.

1,316 words yesterday.

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
After a couple days of NaNo, I'm still on pace. About 2,500 words so far with plenty of time left in the day to get more done. I want to give myself as much of a cushion as possible in case I fizzle out a few days this month.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
*Sneaks into room*

Okay, I'm actually going to try to pop back into this here commotion and see if I can't get something accomplished this month.

I've spent the past couple of weeks doing two things: plotting a book I can't write (third in a series, but darn do I ever want to write it), and working out what's wrong with the one I'd started but wasn't liking much. As such, I'm going to go back and not quite start from scratch on that one. I'm going to cut one of the POVs, but mostly I'm changing the tone. Right now it feels...gimmicky and not particularly genuine, so I intend to fix that. I have some good ideas for how to tone it down, and I think it might help a lot. I can always go back and change things again later if I'm still not happy with it. So I'm not entirely starting from the beginning, but I'm still going to have a new file and I'll start over on the word count side.

Also going to continue plotting my book three because the ideas I have for it are just too cool to pass up.

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
You don't have to sneak in, kaitie. Besides, I think we all heard your sneakers squeaking when you tried to tiptoe in. :tongue

Great wordage, Saoirse and Matt. Lucie, not to worry, there is still plenty of time left.

I didn't do so hot today either, a meager 566 words. Busy day at the day job, plus they took us all out to a big Mexican lunch and all I want to do now is take a siesta!:sleepy: NaNo total as of today, 2428. At this rate, I'll hit my 50K goal sometime in December!

asroc

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my NaNo novel is now an amazing 96 words long. Only 49,904 more words to go.
On the other hand I added 621 words to the first draft of my WIP (which should have been finished by Wednesday). I can't even blame the stupid hurricane anymore. I'm just too lazy.

Kercheval

Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to get through the 2nd draft of my WIP for November. Spent some good time yesterday and hoping for more today. It did feel good to print it all out and put it into a binder so that I can flip around.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Amazing and awesome word counts, everybody! Go, team!

2271 today. Finished out a chapter. Now I must launch into the meaty part of the story...and I'm not quite sure where to start. Not all of the Big Setup needs to happen on screen, but I don't want to cheat and have it ALL in the past.

First draft. I'll try it one way, and fix it if necessary in editing. :D