Neoterism November 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Go, word counts!

2326 today. I have to acknowledge to myself that I'm really still outlining...and maybe that's okay. It's also occurred to me I may need to split this into more than one book; but I'll get the ideas down first.

I've also been looking for a beginner's book on cosmology, because as it turns out watching Farscape reruns is not enough to help me write credibly about wormholes. :D

There's a few 'Very Short Introduction' series books on these things I think. Other than that I've got one on Kindle that's something like 'Physics of the Impossible' by Michio Kaku that tackles a lot of stuff from scifi and whether or not it's feasible, with the science behind it. There was a show on Discovery or something too that was called something like The Science of Science Fiction and did an episode on Stargate, with wormholes.

Personally I'd rather watch SG: Atlantis reruns but that's just preference. And it's not helping me write an opening to my SF mystery either...

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Awesome progress everyone!

Whoa, has it been 2 days already? It just dawned on me -- I haven't checked in with you guys.

Got another proofreading project so that's been happening.

I wrote 1,017 on Tuesday and 1,228 last night. I had a major revelation that is making things so much....darker, just the way I like it! ;) Very excited.

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't wrote many words for a while in my novel, but here's hoping tomorrow may bring words to mind.

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Just ended part 2 of my studying, which means I have 3 days now that I can dedicate to the writing. Yay!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
I haven't wrote many words for a while in my novel, but here's hoping tomorrow may bring words to mind.

Dont' worry, the words will come. I've gone a week without words, and yes, it can get you down, but you never give up.

Speaking of words, I got a whopping 669 on the WIP today. Working on a tough scene with Kelli and the local FBI Special Agent. A lot of research to do on Russian Organized Crime, and believe me, there is a LOT of it. *ack!*

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
2207 wildly disorganized words. I've got a chapter going on 8000 words now, with no end in sight. I need index cards!

Yay everybody for all the progress, even those of you who did most of it in your heads. :Cake: (Why cake? Why not cake?)

You know, I've never watched Stargate Anything. Maybe in December!

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Good job on the words all.

I have 1,671 for today, squeaked me over the wire. So I'm still on target. AND finally getting into the rhythm of the story.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
I'm officially joining the ranks of the NaNo Rebels. After spending 8500 words wandering around on "Taunting the Phoenix" of which 1000 of those words were my rant that I was utterly bored and didn't know what to write next, I'm switching NaNo projects. So now I'm jumping into "Abyss". Geronimo!!!

Just keep writing, just keep writing...

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Liz, my wife (who did Astrophysics at uni) suggests A Brief History Of Time and The First Three Minutes as introductory books, although only the former has anything about wormholes from her recollection.

No words to report really. I think I scratched out a couple of lines the other day, haven't counted the words. Work is... intense at the mo.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2207 wildly disorganized words. I've got a chapter going on 8000 words now, with no end in sight. I need index cards!

Yay everybody for all the progress, even those of you who did most of it in your heads. :Cake: (Why cake? Why not cake?)

You know, I've never watched Stargate Anything. Maybe in December!

:Cake: - I likes cake.:D

You should definitely watch Stargate, Liz. Well worth drooling over.;)

A grand total of 25 words - still in thinking mode.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Did someone say cake? :D

Working on the WIP this morning, slow day at work, so far. Only have 365 so far, not a ton, but I'll take them. The good news is I finally wrapped up the scene and got Kelli out of the creepy FBI agents office. A lot of dialog in that scene, and not easy to write when you have you characters trying to be heard over the noise of a busy office. :flag:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
No words to report really. I think I scratched out a couple of lines the other day, haven't counted the words. Work is... intense at the mo.

Work does that. I kind of hate that about it.

You should definitely watch Stargate, Liz. Well worth drooling over.;)

Okay, now I HAVE to watch!

Did someone say cake? :D

Cake is the only thing that matters.

685 today, stopped b/c the wrist is starting to hurt. Oh well, tomorrow's another day. Very happy with what I got.

Sorry about the wrist! That can cramp one's style...

2118 today. Finally finished the (most recent) big long sprawling chapter. 8600 words. Most of it'll end up being cut; but I figure it's stuff I need to have straight in my head, so it's important that way. Now I'm approaching the first big plot development. After that...things get a little fuzzy. :)

Onward and upward!

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
685 today, stopped b/c the wrist is starting to hurt. Oh well, tomorrow's another day. Very happy with what I got.
Sounds like you're really on a roll, Saoirse! Great!

2118 today. Finally finished the (most recent) big long sprawling chapter. 8600 words. Most of it'll end up being cut; but I figure it's stuff I need to have straight in my head, so it's important that way. Now I'm approaching the first big plot development. After that...things get a little fuzzy. :)

Onward and upward!
Oh, good! Yes, good to get it down. And the big plot development -- exciting! Hope it continues to flow, Liz!

In the middle of reading through and fixing (for the last time?) my old WIP. Have gotten about half way through, and am dedicating today to continue with that. Being very strict, and cutting/changing everything that has the slightest feel of 'not-quite-right'. Again :tongue
That part of my november goal is on track. It's the 10th today. I really want to finish this so I can start writing on the new story that I have outlined. Itchy fingers!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com

Sorry to hear about your wrist, Saoirse, hope it's better today. :Hug2: Good wordage though. :D

Wrapped up another chapter with 372 words this morning. Now I have to talk with Kelli to see what happens next. As of now, she is supposed to be meeting with DEA Agent Larsen, who she seems to get flustered around lately. He left her a message to meet at a bar down in Chelsea, which is not a good thing for someone in AA to be doing. Even worse, Kevin is out of the picture for the time being, and so the stress is really getting to her.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, everyone! It's feeling better today so I should be able to do more. :D

Ken Hoss, I love how you talk about Kelli as if she's a friend or something. It's cool how our characters can be so real to us. :D

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Ken Hoss, I love how you talk about Kelli as if she's a friend or something. It's cool how our characters can be so real to us. :D

What are you talking about, she is real. :D

Over the last two books, Kelli and I have bonded and become good friends. She does have her moments though, and there have been more than a few arguments. After wrapping up book two, she decided she needed an extended vacation and disappeared for over a month! She even turned her cell off so that I couldn't bug her.

I did get her to at least start the next scene, and she's sitting in a bar, (not good), with Gregory Larsen. And there was a awkard moment. :rolleyes:

909 words total this morning! :D

When writing a novel, a writer should create living people; people, not characters. A character is a caricature.
- Ernest Hemingway

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad the wrist is feeling better, Saoirse.

Great wordage everyone.

I took a break from my WIP to help a friend with their short story. It was a nice to do something different for a change.

*Sigh* Back to the grindstone.:D

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ken Hoss - Of course she's real. ;) One of my characters once held an intervention b/c I was soooo blocked. During work, no less. Crazy Fae.

1,125 on Nano WIP and 1,252 on a short story.

Thank you, muse.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Pretty much the moment I decided to switch NaNo projects, I came up with a potential love interest for the main character in "Abyss". Given that this MC is the creepiest character I've ever come up with, that's quite an accomplishment. And no, the love interest isn't creepy. :D

At about 5400 words on "Abyss" and still going strong.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
:e2cheer: You guys are doing great!

(I'm still pondering...)

Pondering counts, HJ. :D

Nice wordage, Saoirse and lizmonster! Keep up the good work.

Yes, muse, back to the grindstone. But it was nice of you to take time out to help your friend.

Keep plugging away, TheIT! :Thumbs:

Just wrapped up the bar scene with Larsen and Kelli, (yay!), and have a whopping 702 words for the day, so far.