NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so it's November 1st where I am. Here is a thread for everyone to brag and/or whine about their word count as the month progresses.

Have fun everyone!

Me? I haven't started yet. I have the dentist in 2.5 hours, only just woke up... Maybe I'll do something when I get home with a numb mouth? :tongue

chicgeek

Registered
Reaction score
I'm mentally gearing up for tomorrow. I'm not totally out of shape, writing wise, but I'm nowhere near where I should be to keep up at NaNoWriMo pace. This is gonna make or break me, just like last year.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at Zero too, around four hours for me yet here;) And just got my new laptop set up nice in time {my other Broke} Got windows eight too and my mouse keeps annoying me because It keeps clicking on everything :roll:

CJ Knightrey

She Who Constantly Changes Avatars
Registered
Reaction score
This will be my first time ever trying NaNo, and I'm a little nervous but excited too. Midnight is not for another 8 or so hours, so I still have time to do some last minute prep before I start writing. :) Current word count: 0.

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just under three hours to go here till my first NaNo. I think I'd like to write a token hundred words or so after midnight - official starting time and all that - and then I'll go to bed. Then I'll get up tomorrow and write THOUSANDS. :) (Positive thinking!)

I may spend the next three hours thinking about what my opening sentence will be. Hmmm....

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
going to try to write up to 1000 words tonight before I go to bed (I'm a bit optimistic only because it's the first day) haha. Good luck everyone, and Happy Halloween :D

xKatya

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, oh writers in the future. ;) I'm in one of the last time zones to start, so I'll be waiting impatiently...

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
Annnnnddddddd GO!
I'm just setting up now so none so far.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Got 1,000 done, now 1:00am over here:tongue Might go to bed or might write some more not sure yet:D

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I wrote 300 words. They don't really count for anything... They were an intro to my final University assignment for the year. :tongue

Going to read my WIP now - want to finish reading it so I know where I'm up to when I start writing.

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
Still got 2.5 hours to go here. I was gonna stay up and crank out 1000 words after midnight, but I've come down sick today. JUST TODAY!!! ARGH. I am sooo mad.

But I will definitely get words in before midnight tomorrow. Somehow!

Persei

Let it go
Registered
Reaction score
I have an hour and ten minutes until midnight here. And I have swapped the projects I want to write (I have lots of them) for NaNo three times already... I will try to stay up until two a.m and see how much can I write within this time.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Been reading my WIP, laughing quite a bit. (It's a comedy, so laughter is good!)

It'll probably be tomorrow by the time I'm done reading it. Still have Uni work to go on with too...

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
3000 before good night. More tomorrow, maybe up to 10k.

you're even more optimistic than I am! I am up to about 685 words my minimum goal before I go to bed is 1000 as I said. (may have started slightly early but I was too excited!) this is more than I've written in a LONG time. It really does feel liberating to just write. Especially after a month of strictly planning. I feel that words are just pouring out. I'm not letting myself reread what I wrote at all. I know that would really stop me. I'm saving that for the editing stage. As it should be. Happy Writing :)