Just broke 50k!

Unfortunately, I'm only about halfway through the book. *sigh*

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
Just finished my story plus the epilogue at 94064 total. I am so happy I finished. But rest is for the weak. I begin on story two tomorrow.

EDIT: I really need to stop posting places on my ipad. The autocorrect makes me look like a bumbling fool.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Been studying a bit more today than on previous days. A fair amount of it is starting to sink in...

So glad I can take my notes in with me! There's just so much to remember!

It's meant to be 6 questions (your choice out of 21) and I'm just hoping that the 10 or so contingencies I'm really hoping are in there (and have been studying for) will amount to 6 questions or more.

Seriously, I can't study for all of it and actually hope to retain more than a little bit. Studying for less means retaining more. I hope.

But the subject is the Sociology of Everyday Life.

Everyday Life. So basically, anything we encounter in life might be present in some form or another. That's a fuckload of things to be prepared for! Ack!

Doing my best. Trying not to be a perfectionist. Doesn't mean I'm not trying - I'm just not going to beat myself up for being less prepared than the lecturer.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Stopped at 34,290 last night, so I've used up my lead. Fortunately, I'm almost done the other project that's been borrowing my time.

I'm hoping to get ahead again this weekend *crosses fingers*

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2.5K written today. The end is almost within sight.

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just broke 30k. I need to average 2k/day in order to make this work. I think I might be able to do it. The story's fun to write :)

I'm about the same; I've dragged myself past 31k, writing almost 5k over today. Want to sleep now please...

I do love my story, but after a while my brain just makes clunking noises and then I forget how to type, and how to think. I was almost contemplating letting my first try at NaNo go by without a win, but my husband gave me a pep talk yesterday. And I think it's doable from here. As long as Life doesn't get in the way.

There's less than a week and a half to go, after all - though I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

AllieKat

just a writer, unbranded
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com
I'm without about three or four thousand words of the "finish line." Nowhere near finishing my stories, though!! And yes, feeling utterly exhausted and like I've been neglecting other things.

Win at NaNo, lose at life?? I hope not. -_-

Catalyn

Nano'ing....
Registered
Reaction score
So stuff happened, and I lost my buffer, and I didn't write for a few days, and now I have to put in like 2.5k days for the rest of the month.

It's no problem, right?

*hyperventilates into bag*

Foley

ever decreasing circles
Registered
Reaction score
40,435 the order are but all I'm in sure words right not the

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Go go go everyone! :D

Just went through 30-40 pages of notes (which I read the other day) to put asterisks at the top of all the important pages, and at the important parts of those pages.

So I now have another 10-15 pages (some part-pages) along with my 10 readings' notes to study as much as I can tomorrow. Still very thankful I can take the notes in with me, though! Even with culling a lot of it as I've done, there's still sooooo much to learn!

Starting to freak out about the exam now. I'm having horror thoughts such as, "What if I fail this subject?" I probably won't... But I just don't know 100%, and won't until after the exam (or perhaps when I get my grade, if the exam goes badly).

I mean, at the moment I'm planning on doing 4 subjects next semester. 2 of the ones I want to do are only available to me if I pass this particular subject... If I fail that poetry class that I sucked at, no big deal (apart from needing to do an extra subject at some point). But this one... It could set me to the point of being a part-timer next semester, which would mean the government would get on my back about getting a job...

Ugh. Trying not to freak out... In all probability, the exam will go well.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
Not posted for a bit:) Laptop was being repaired {got a bad virius thing, needed hard drive cleaning;)} but climbed up to 40k, wanted to give up a couple of times though but didn't and I'm now full of cold:cry:November always seems to be a bad time for my Laptop, the screen broke during NaNo last year:rant:

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Reached 35,100 last night, and my have to spend tonight and tomorrow working instead. Hopefully I'll have enough time on the weekend to make up any ground I lose.

40,435 the order are but all I'm in sure words right not the

Heh! I know that feeling ;)

BBBurke

Along for the ride
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairbburke.com
Passed 50k! I win! But I think I have another 15k to finish the story so I'm still working. But time to eat some turkey.

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
44K, so maybe maybe I'll reach 50 on Sunday. Fingers crossed. Still expecting something to come in my way....
It has dawned on me that the novel is nowhere near finished at 50K, though!

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
The turkey is in the oven, football is on the t.v, and I haven't written a word yet.

I really need to get started on that. :D