Are you ready?

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a pretty thorough outline (the thought of writing without an outline makes me gibber). I've already started picking holes in it though, and I know it's not going to stop me from pulling up mid-type and going, 'Errr... what now?'.

I feel as though at midnight tomorrow I should hear bells ringing out across the land or the sound of space rockets launching. Though actually at that time I'll probably be either asleep or making weebly noises at the thought of all those WORDS that need to be extracted from my head before 30 November...

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhat.

Got a basic outline and character plans done. Even set up playlists.

I think that is all I'm going to do but might do some more. Maybe.

Sunwords

Registered
Reaction score
Not ready, just a very sketchy idea about what I want to do - but now I see some light as my very sick kitty seems to get better. I have been living with her on my lap more or less since thursday, and my mind was not really on writing.

BBBurke

Along for the ride
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairbburke.com
I've got a full chapter by chapter outline, character summaries, a few scenes sketched. I'm just waiting for the unexpected something that will totally throw me off my schedule.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I want to do this, but I have no idea what to write about. No direction at all. Should I write in first or third? Should I go for serious or funny? I am really trying to come up with a concept. I guess I have a few ideas, but nothing is set in stone. I really want to be able to do this. I guess I am just going to open a word doc on the 1st and see what happens. Anyone else as confused about what they are going to write?

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I have an array of characters, a growing count of settings, and a bunch of plot events. Every last bit of it is well planned out with details and overarching themes that could present themselves. Unfortunately, I don't have an ending. I can't find one that fits just right. It's driving me nuts.

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
I had intended to get caught up with my paid gig through December 4th by Halloween, but I've been a little distracted these past two days. I might still be able to do it, though at the expense of outlining. I may declare myself a pantser.

TribalCat

Tyger's Mama
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tribalcatslair.blogspot.com
I'm ready. I'm going to read over my notes today to get my mind back into the story, so I'm ready to go tonight. I don't have an outline, but I have some plot points figured out. My characters are usually pretty good about telling me what needs to happen next, and I'm stocked up on sugar free chocolate and coffee.

crimeandthecity

Registered
Reaction score
I'm ready. I've been practicing by writing more and more each day, so hopefully I'm ramped up by now.

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
I'm as ready as I'll ever be. My outline is completely done, and I have a reasonably comprehensive playlist. Tonight's 'work' may consist of filling in the song gaps on the playlist, but I may also just say screw it and get ready to go.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm kind of ready:tongue I'm thinking of completing the end of my August Novel and then either doing the second in the series of that or the one of another that's already completed. I don't have a proper outline though, never do:D

friendlyhobo

Registered
Reaction score
I've been doing a Phase Outline for the first time and only have through chapter 6 (the first third) written up, and then the vague plot points for the rest, and where and how I want things to end. Hopefully I'll make this, my 8th NaNoWriMo, my first win. I usually run out of steam around 25,000.

Dreadful Romantic

Registered
Reaction score
Every year I use an idea that's been percolating for a few months but haven't got around to really sitting down and writing an outline. I just write by the seat of my pants for November.

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so ready (one hour ten minutes to go here!) I changed my computer's background to an image associated with my planned novel - complete with title at the top, to make it look a little like a book cover.

That's a bit sad, isn't it? But I don't care; I'm feeling really quite excited. :D

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, paid gig done through November 15th, caffeine supplies laid in. I think I am going to have to proclaim myself a pantser, though.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*nervously biting my nails*

9:35 here...almost time....

I can't take the pressure!

:e2cry:

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I've got a sketchy outline for a change, and realized I don't know as much about one of my characters as I should, but I think I'm ready :)

Just under a half hour to go here!