• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wayman Publishing

Theo81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atrivialblogforseriouspeople.blogspot.com
Wow! Thought I was getting some info until MiddleDamned's cover was blown. Now don't know what to think. Anyone unrelated have a Wayman experience?

You still have some valuable information. MiddleDamned has confirmed he is related to the owners so we know Elizabeth Hirsch/E C Stilson owns, edits for and is published by the press along with another relative of hers and MiddleDamned's.

Where a press has been set up to publish the author/authors, the first question to ask is whether they have the experience to do so. Have they any editing experience? Have they been published by a reputable press themselves? If the answer to both of these questions is "No", then wait two years and see how they are doing.

More generally, when authors "just happen" to join the board when a publishers thread is started, it's because their press has sent them. Coincidences happen, but so do Google Alerts and Pingbacks.

I hope somebody from Wayman will come by and answer your questions - they know about this thread - because we all want more markets to submit to, but I don't judge them if they don't. AW is a tough crowd.

ecwrites

Registered
Reaction score
EC Stilson--in the flesh :)

That was so nice of Shane to take the time to answer your questions. Wayman publishes between 10 - 20 books per year, and since I'm only one of Wayman's owners, Shane had to work even harder than most to be published through our company. The editorial board loved his plot and writing style--I'm so glad to have him on board.
Shane's given you correct information. Wayman Publishing pays for everything from editing, cover design, formatting, and promotion. We pay for press releases, author blog tours, as well as advertising in online book fairs. We also allow authors to buy their own books at wholesale prices, so they can take books to signings and keep the profit made that way. For online sales, and physical bookstore sales, we split profit 50/50 with authors. Since we cover all of the costs and are still so small, we are very picky in what we publish. We're a fledgling press, trying to grow while helping authors we believe in.
2013 is completely full and 2014 is already filling up fast. We do have a few slots left though and will be accepting queries again in 2014. If you'd like more information about how Wayman Publishing started, please go here: http://rkgtheauthor.wordpress.com/2013/01/03/guest-post-how-i-became-a-published-author-ec-stilson/

Also, one of our events was just featured nationally on news websites--even Fox News, CBS and ABC featured it! Pretty exciting. If you'd like to be part of our random acts of kindness event, we'd love it: http://www.myfoxwausau.com/story/21...away-event-to-promote-random-acts-of-kindness

I won't be back to answer questions, but if you want to check out our new website, most of your questions should be answered there: www.waymanpublishing.com

I wish all of you the very best with your writing careers.
-Elisa Hirsch
Owner/Editor at Wayman Publishing
(pen name EC Stilson)
Wikipedia Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisabeth_Hirsch

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Closed Jan '14 (although owner published a last book that November).