Post the Last 3 Sentences Of Your WIP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshovelbum

Steady Diet Of Nothing
Registered
Reaction score
Alabama was sounding good about right now. Mackey hit his blinker and smiled as he searched for the quickest exit to take him to the Heart of Dixie. Let the past be the past indeed.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
Ohhhhhh, I can't resist this. I've got two. Character names edited out.

---

Her medallion was the last cool spot, then that too was gone. [She] stopped struggling. She let her limbs go limp, let it fill her, let it burn in her bones and her veins and her heart like the awful cleansing radiance of the sun.

---

She couldn’t help it. It would have been better as a surprise, but that lightness expanded, her heart growing too large to be contained. [She] smiled, so crazily and infectiously his lips quirked in response, and said, “Earth.”

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen this thread tried before.

Oh well, I'll post:

From Advent:
The chorus of hundreds of unrelenting voices sang wildly. Vixous could never fathom what was transpiring through Chorus. So, he stepped forward, into the world to find out.

Take it with context that his sword sings, and it's slung over his shoulders.

theshovelbum

Steady Diet Of Nothing
Registered
Reaction score

Oh well, I'll post:

From Advent:

Sorry if this is a repost........I did a search tho

theshovelbum

Steady Diet Of Nothing
Registered
Reaction score
I like both.......seems all three have that quality of another journey is about to begin.

bekakiss

Registered
Reaction score
“Now Vicki my dear….,” Miranda said sweetly somewhat motherly, as she gripped my hand and turned my palm up so to place a set of cold gold keys on a heart shaped ring in it. ‘You may have paid to play, but don’t forget…not for one minute that this is MY club. I am going to give you the keys to the playground, but remember that I am the one that is in control here, so be sure you follow the rules or you will be sorry.” she hissed deepening the warning in her tone.

tmso_

it could be worse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nilaewhite.wordpress.com
Ohhhhhh, I can't resist this. I've got two. Character names edited out.

---

Her medallion was the last cool spot, then that too was gone. [She] stopped struggling. She let her limbs go limp, let it fill her, let it burn in her bones and her veins and her heart like the awful cleansing radiance of the sun.

---

She couldn’t help it. It would have been better as a surprise, but that lightness expanded, her heart growing too large to be contained. [She] smiled, so crazily and infectiously his lips quirked in response, and said, “Earth.”

These sound like I missed out on two epics. :)

tmso_

it could be worse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nilaewhite.wordpress.com
Well, since I posted the first three (questionable) sentences of my book, might as well post the last three. :eek:

Andreu watched her hips sway against her wings, a sad thought pulling at his heart that indeed this probably would be the only chance he’d ever get to draw her magnificent form. He knew going back home would mean death for him one way or another. He just hoped he would be in time to save his family.

Westie

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I'm game...same as tmso - posted my first three, so here are the last three:

"I have always loved the smell of a new book, one that represents drive, a desire to see things done and an understanding the journey about to be embarked upon is full of promise and hope.

With closed eyes I relished the experience.

Then, turning to the first page, I began to read."

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
When they laughed, the darkness lost its grip on them, and they were finally able to escape. That was why it had been made.

Whispers, however, don't concern themselves with such things.

Since I already posted the last line in another thread, why not the two immediately preceding it?

Luzoni

Toddler wrangler
Registered
Reaction score

Oh well, I'll post:

From Advent:

I just wanted to let you know that your picture is awesome. Sorry, but it makes me laugh and I just had to share that. Totally unnecessary to point it out, I know, but I call 'em like I see 'em and that's an awesome pic.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This is actually the concluding three, with which I'm happy. But I still have a big chunk of stuff to write to get there (I don't write in pure sequence):
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I hear footsteps in the corridor. That will be Mrs. Neale. I am hungrier today than is usual.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]caw
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Zeprimus

slowly learning about adverbs
Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to participate, but don't have the full rough draft of my WIP finished, so here are the last three from the first chapter.

I didn’t question anything, because I knew there weren’t going to be any other options for me to take. If it weren’t for him, I may as well be dead.
It was in those seconds I looked into his eyes that I saw Death for the first time – and with little struggle, I became it.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I seem to remember there was a thread like this one already and I believe I posted in it, but I'll post my last three in this one, too (and they might change by the time I get around to editing the manuscript, so this is from the first draft):

A thud, and a pain like he'd never felt surged through his entire being. I hit ground. The wind knocked out of him, all around he saw white and gray, and . . .

Sonsofthepharaohs

Still writing the ancient Egyptian tetralogy
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I haven't finished the rewrite yet, and I don't have a clue what the last sentence of that will be, so here's the last 3 sentences of the first draft (now virtually obsolete, I have to say):

The contrast was too painful to her. Last night she had slept soundly within the protection of Djehuty’s arms, her head resting against the falcon on his chest.
Tonight the falcon had flown, leaving her to the mercy of the lioness.

jvill

Custom User Title ... or is it?
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]“No. Your skills are needed where I tell you they’re needed! You agents all have a role to play … so make it believable! Head back there and await further orders!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Uh, sir? About that?” I said and glanced at the sand dunes around me. “We’re going to need a lift.”[/FONT]

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
There could be heard a young woman’s laughter in the air over his head. It was almost a cackle, raising then lowering in volume. The voice stretched into a thin whisper, fading with the Doppler.
He hunched his shoulders in surrender and mumbled, “Looks like from here on out life’s going to be pure magic.”

CajunWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm about half way through and this is the last thing I have written down.

Character names taken out..

I felt very uneasy about it but I did not want to show disrespect to our host. Cautiously, I extended [name of blade] out to be held. [He] placed his hand around the handle and as soon as my fingers left the blade, it turned into water and fell to the floor.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This is actually the concluding three, with which I'm happy. But I still have a big chunk of stuff to write to get there (I don't write in pure sequence):
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I hear footsteps in the corridor. That will be Mrs. Neale. I am hungrier today than is usual.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]caw
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

I'm writing in a cafe...and I just snorted my tea out my nose thanks to you.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It wasn't long before I realized we'd been taken by horribly unfair kidnappers. Didn't they know that it was practically a rule, when leaving someone tied up in a room, to make sure there were handy things lying around? A dull but serviceable knife, perhaps, or a sharp nail sticking out of a wooden beam.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
This kind of shows the difference in how we all write. When I type those last three sentences, it won't be a WIP, it's be a ready to go novel. As a WIP, I'm still several weeks from writing those last three sentences.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
You know, when I read the title of the thread I read it as meaning the very last three sentences of your WIP, so that's what I posted. I jump around a lot in my work and had written the end, since I know how it will end. It just came to me that this thread is to show the last three that you have just written, which would explain why I thought some of the endings on here were a little odd. Or maybe it was meant to be for both? I'm easily confuzzled. :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.