Trust Me, I'm Lying

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrijus.g

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
There was a book published recently called Trust Me, I'm Lying by Ryan Holiday. It caused a LOT of discussions and criticism. They guy knows more about things promoting online/offline than most of people. He's behind a lot of successful campaigns and that book tells how he did it. He tricked the system with some legal and illegal things.It's very controversial, shows darker side of the internet and world but if you want to understand how the world/media works these days you should read it or at least watch the interview with him here on Chase Jarvis LIVE:

[youtube.com/watch?v=odfH7LZwAQ8&list=UUp8mr0kjVyVAmvexLDqB60A&index=17&feature=plcp]

There is a good interview with best-selling author Guy Kawasaki too on this show, which could be worth a watch ;)

This should give you some insight on how you can do a promotion no one else does it. Can help to come up with very creative stuff (hopefully legal! :) )

Last edited by a moderator:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
That's disgusting, unethical, sleazy, and I sincerely hope you're not advocating similar methods for book promotion?

But either way, we're not going to give the YouTube video any extra Google juice. I'll be castrating that link - don't post it here again, m'kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.