• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Full Circle Literary Agency

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Thanks, Rowan & JB! I just saw these posts.

I also just got an email from Stefanie telling me how much she's enjoying my manuscript, but that she'll be traveling over the holiday and to keep her posted on any developments.

So ... a cautious yay. But I'm not getting too excited until someone loves the WHOLE THING. ;)

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
I know optimism is a dangerous game, Joy... so I will go ahead and be optimistic for you :D YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. So excited to hear what she has to say!

JoyMC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joymcculloughcarranza.com
Stefanie von Borstel requested my full on 11/2, and then sent me an enthusiastic email on 11/19 telling me she thought I might be a really good fit for the agency, but that she hadn't finished the manuscript and would get back to me soon.

Then I heard from her in late December, telling me she had finished the manuscript and was having someone else in the agency read it as well. (I figured maybe she was offering it to a more junior agent.) She said I'd hear in early January.

I just heard on 2/23 and it was a rejection. She said they didn't love where the main character's arc ended up, and that my work is probably too similar to that of one of their existing clients.

I'm totally fine, because I have The Call scheduled this week with another awesome agent, but man, this would have been a really crushing one if I didn't. I wish she had been a little more thoughtful - there's really no reason to email a writer halfway through a manuscript to express enthusiasm that's just going to get hopes up. Especially when the follow up to that enthusiasm isn't going to come for a few more months.

So I thought I'd post this here as a bit of a caution - don't get your hopes up too high if you get a similar mid-reading email from her.

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Sara Sciuto responded to a Tweet on @sarasciuto about NA on the 20th March, but she's not updated her Tumblr for a while. Was she ever on their 'about us' page (her name isn't mentioned now...unless I've failed in observation)? I intend to query Ms. Sciuto soon, so it'd be nice to know where she's at, agenting-wise.

My first post! Long time AW reader, but never really created an account until late. Still working out how to HTML. :p

Cel_Fleur

Registered
Reaction score
Yup, on March 27th. Wish I'd known this before I queried her on the 26th! I am actually hoping my query gets ignored, rather than passed on, since I was hoping to later query an agent at Foreword more suited to my genre...

~Fleur

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Sara Sciuto just moved to Foreword Lit!

Thanks for the update! I had her on my query list for the old agency.

I guess it pays to check the agency website just one more time before sending a query off.

Cel_Fleur

Registered
Reaction score
Sent equery to Sara: 26/3/14
Unnamed form reject from agency: 10/4/14

Back to the drawing board, I suppose.
~Fleur

Moonchild

I write fluff and that's OK.
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping this because it's been almost a year since the last post...:D

Just wondering if anyone's heard back from Taylor Martindale lately?

gowiththeflow

Registered
Reaction score
Bumping this because it's been almost a year since the last post...:D

Just wondering if anyone's heard back from Taylor Martindale lately?

Moonchild, I heard back last months on a full from Taylor Martindale. In case this helps:

EQ: 6/27/14
FR: 7/6/14
Nudge: 10/9/14
ER : 2/20/15

Good luck!

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, paddismac. It's probably just a glitch.

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Stefanie von Borstel with an MQ on 2/8/16. Got a full request today!