Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Full Circle Literary Agency

practical experience, FTW Toni1953's Avatar

Full Circle Literary Agency

Does anyone know anything about this agency or had any dealings? On Preditors and Editors it is listed as having legitimate sales.

I heart Malamutes! :-) JerseyGirl1962's Avatar
    Try this thread:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23350

Sounds legit.

~Nancy
    Screw the new blog, I've resurrected my old blog: Writerly Stuff.

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II2014: 2015:

EmEllis

Full Circle Literary

Hi - Does anyone have any recent information about Full Circle Literary? Thanks Much!

figuring it all out
    It's very legit. She's the agent for my editor on my second YA.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    They're legit. Lily Ghahremani requested my full, and while I didn't sign with her, I had a completely delightful, professional interaction with her. If I were looking for an agent again in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to contact her.

practical experience, FTW Provrb1810meggy's Avatar
    They've just requested a partial from one of my YA novels.

Does anyone know about their YA sales? They say they rep it, but I can't find any.
    Come check out my blog: http://meganetcetera.blogspot.com

practical experience, FTW TrishD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Provrb1810meggy View Post
    They've just requested a partial from one of my YA novels.

Does anyone know about their YA sales? They say they rep it, but I can't find any.
    I've checked their website and the Internet for recent YA sales and haven't come up with anything. I get the impression they're working to build a YA list, so perhaps they haven't sold any yet?

In any case, they have my full and I had a really great conversation with Lilly Ghahremani. She's very ethusiastic and, if offered, I would definitely consider Full Circle.
    Where the Stars Still Shine, October 2013 (Bloomsbury)
    Something Like Normal, June 2012 (Bloomsbury)

I received an offer from Lilly at Full Circle. I went with another agent, but I cannot say enough good things about her. She is friendly, enthusiastic and I would not have been unhappy with her as my agent.

practical experience, FTW
    sent query on 1/4 got an e-mail response to snail mail my proposal on 1/14

practical experience, FTW Spiny Norman's Avatar
    Got a request for a partial today, pretty much the same as Jag's. Snail mail, email response. Hurrah.

Agent Lilly Ghahremani - Full Circle Literary

Has anyone had any dealings with her? She's based in San Diego. Seems very upbeat and vibrant........

I queried her back in September. Never got an answer. Maybe it didn't go through?
    YOUNG ADULT BOOKS:
    BREAK--Simon Pulse, 2009 BUY IT

INVINCIBLE SUMMER--Simon Pulse, 2011 BUY IT
    GONE, GONE, GONE--Coming APRIL 17th, 2012, Simon Pulse BUY IT
    TEETH--Coming JANUARY 1ST, 2013, Simon Pulse
    --
    MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:
    ZOMBIE TAG--Coming DECEMBER 20th, 2011, Roaring Brook Press BUY IT

MARCO IMPOSSIBLE--Coming MARCH 2013, Roaring Brook Press

Quote Originally Posted by cambeaux View Post
    Has anyone had any dealings with her? She's based in San Diego. Seems very upbeat and vibrant........
    I got an offer for representation from Lilly. She is super-enthusiastic and very nice. I went with another agent, but it wasn't because of anything Lilly did wrong... and if I hadn't gotten that other offer, I'd have probably signed on with Lilly.

figuring it all out
    Congrats Trish! That's great! Lilly sounds like a fun agent. Any word on Stefanie Von Borstel? I read about both of them in Jeff Herman's guide and they both seem very positive and to love what they do. I'd love any word on what people have found on either of them and maybe what their response times are?

Also, does anyone have any guesses on whether "multicultural" (which they're currently focusing on as well as "contemporary") means that the story needs to actually delve into the culture and have that be a significant aspect, or if it simply means they want non-white protagonists, whether their race ends up being significant or not throughout the book? I've seen both specified during my research, but since my book falls into the latter category, I'm interested to see what people generally take the term to mean.
    Last edited by revolocard; 12-09-2008 at 05:04 AM. Reason: fixing misspelling

Lilly and Stefanie are delightful, knowledgeable, impressive, communicative, and well connected in the marketplace. I had a tough choice to make when deciding between my current agency or Full Circle. It was really a win, win situation.

So you're suggesting what? Bigfoot? scully931's Avatar
    I have a question and this seems like a good thread to ask it in since it is relevant to this agency.

If an agent represents YA then goes on to say 'no fantasy' does that mean no YA that includes fantasy elements? I'm never sure. I know that sometimes you can tell by their book deals but not always. Any info is appreciated. (Not just on this agency but this subject in general.)
    We call them dumb animals... for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words. ~Anna Sewell

I e-queried them on 1/30 and got a request for 10 pages and an author bio a few hours later, at just after midnight. Gotta love that!

Question Full Circle Literary Agents- Can't Open Website

I've tried to get onto the Full Circle Literary Agents website for a few days, to no avail. Has anyone gotten on recently? I looked at an old thread, where many posted good reviews of this agency. However, I'd like to get on their site to check a few things before I send off my query.
    They have a new agent, Adriana Dominguez. New agents are golden opportunities, as they build their client list. So, contacting Adriana about a book (my first) is high on my to do list; AFTER I find more info. about the agency.
    Any ideas? I've tried several links from various sites, including Google...

Thanks,

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'] Coach[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I've tried to get onto the Full Circle Literary Agents website for a few days, to no avail. Has anyone gotten on recently? I looked at an old thread, where many posted good reviews of this agency. However, I'd like to get on their site to check a few things before I send off my query.
    They have a new agent, Adriana Dominguez. New agents are golden opportunities, as they build their client list. So, contacting Adriana about a book (my first) is high on my to do list; AFTER I find more info. about the agency.
    Any ideas? I've tried several links from various sites, including Google...

Thanks,

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'] Coach[/font]
    Website and blog are working just fine for me.

http://www.fullcircleliterary.com/
    http://fullcirclelit.blogspot.com/

Also, don't be surprised if you post gets moved into the Full Circle thread. You should just add your message to the established thread instead of making a whole new post. It makes keeping everything organized much easier

"The point is not to take the world's opinion as a guiding star,
    but to go one's way in life and to work unfalteringly
    neither depressed by failure nor seduced by applause."
    -Gustav Mahler

practical experience, FTW bclement412's Avatar
    I queried this agency about two months ago and never received a response. Does anyone know response times for this agency? Or if they are a "silence means rejection" type of agency? Thanks
    ------------------------
    Blue Abyss (YA Paranormal) 62K

15 Partials (4 Rs, 3 request for revisions, 1 request for larger partial, 1 request for full)
    6 Fulls (1 R)
    65 Rejections
    4 personalized query Rs

------------------------
    Damaged (Edgy YA)

1st Draft (1/30/10): 8,500 words

Blog: Author Interviews/ARC reviews

Hero, villain, angel, demon AW Moderator Sage's Avatar
    Partial request from Ms. Dominguez. Queried on 1/14/10
    I did the Flash Fiction Challenge this week! You could too! (password: flashed)

Hero/Villain: Awaiting another round of editing
    Super/Human: With betas
    Master/Puppet: Ready for betas

This week, I'm home!

Hero, villain, angel, demon AW Moderator Sage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bclement412 View Post
    I queried this agency about two months ago and never received a response. Does anyone know response times for this agency? Or if they are a "silence means rejection" type of agency? Thanks
    My notes say they're a "no response = no" agency. I don't know where I read that, but it was either here, their website, or AQ
    I did the Flash Fiction Challenge this week! You could too! (password: flashed)

Hero/Villain: Awaiting another round of editing
    Super/Human: With betas
    Master/Puppet: Ready for betas

This week, I'm home!

Me love books much
    Got a request for a partial today from a query sent back on the 6th of January. Sent my query originally to Lilly Ghahremani but the response came back signed by Full Circle Literary Agency... probably one of the assistants.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. kaitie's Avatar
    Looks like Lilly isn't accepting queries right now, so that could be why.
    "You will experience a tingling sensation and then death."

And just because it's still awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc

Take two: 90,008
    Current: 7,680

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast