Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Only on my harley, nina.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
auntybug has a case of them in the back.

:roll: :roll:
*looks for someone to high five*
anyone?

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Annual Rant

:rant:Every year I have people come up to me…yea... even seek me out to tell me how smart they are because they are getting a huge tax refund.
(All of you folks who are in countries with a normal tax code, cover your eyes. You don't need this.)

Every year I have to explain to these ignorant piles of pre-cambrian DNA that they are, in fact, mindless tools.

So, one more time: With the exception being people who earn so little as to be eligible for the EIC, Any tax refund you get is simply the government giving you back money that they’ve taken out of your earnings. A smart person would have adjusted their withholding so the government wouldn’t have taken it in the first place. Remember when part of your income is withheld, it is not being put into an interest bearing account, and you do not earn a percentage on it that is paid to you when it is refunded.
Co-worker ‘Sharon’ got a $2,500 (+) tax refund, and all last year she was kvetching about how she needed an extra $150 a month to ‘get by’. Idiot could have not only had an extra $200 a month, but if she'd taken the $50.00 per month difference and put it in an IRA, she’d have $600 SAVED and that same $600 becomes a tax deduction, lowering her taxable income, which would have netted her a few more bucks. Not to mention the interest on the IRA. :::SIGH::::
So, I listen. I nicely explain how she could have more money EVERY WEEK…and I get another ‘But I was smart because I got my money back.’

I’m locking my door. Right after I print this out and TAPE it to my door.

Thank you for allowing me the time to rant. Same time next year?:e2cloud9:

Last edited:

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
:rant:Every year I have people come up to me…yea... even seek me out to tell me how smart they are because they are getting a huge tax refund.
I've arranged my withholding so that I have to PAY a small tax bill every year. This way, I get to keep more of my money longer.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
yipes!

this place is lousy with teh noobs, haggis!

crayuseful.jpg

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I've arranged my withholding so that I have to PAY a small tax bill every year. This way, I get to keep more of my money longer.
I've arranged my withholding so that cray has to pay a little bit more with each of my paychecks plus a huge tax bill for me at the end of each year.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i hope that douche doesn't see your post, haggis.
that might hurt his stoopid feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.