Men Without Hats

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
Admittedly, I was unaware of these guys while growing up in the 1980s (or most music artists in general; I mainly just watched cartoons and ABC sitcoms).

Today, I watched a review by Todd in the Shadows that examines their career - and their big hit, "The Safety Dance", in particular.

Now, I likely heard this song before (I have it on an '80s compilation CD that I bought in 1999 or 2000). However, I'd never seen the music video, which is all sorts of awesome, until today.

Not only is the song incredibly catchy, but I took an instant loving to the peasant girl, whose identity apparently remains a mystery to this very day, but there's a Facebook Group dedicated to discovering her true identity.

Also, check out the literal video (warning for slight language). It's quite funny!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I loved them in the 80s and I still love them now. I saw them in concert a couple of times in the early 80s. We danced to them in the clubs in Toronto, too. They were mockable but way danceable. I loved that video...all kinds of fun! (-: