Penny Fiction: A Flash Fiction Writing Competition
Publisher: Haunted Waters Press
Theme: Exceptional Works of Flash Fiction
Media: Online/Electronic/Digital Print issues forthcoming.
Publication Date: Winter 2012 issue of From the Depths
Deadline: November 30, 2012
Haunted Waters Press editor, Penny Dreadful, is selecting exceptional works of flash fiction to be showcased in Penny Fiction, a regular feature of the literary journal, From the Depths. Entries are not bound by themes, just seriously good writing.
Contest Rules for the Winter 2012 Issue:
- Entries accepted by email only. Subject: Penny Fiction Winter 2012
- A short story told in 50 words or less.
- Previously unpublished works only.
- Type your entry in the body of the email.
- One entry per email.
- Multiple entries okay. One is fine. Four is cool. Twenty is borderline obnoxious.
- Include one interesting fact about yourself in under 13 words. No cut ‘n paste author bios. Undertakers and cat herders earn extra points. If we do not find you interesting, we reserve the right to make you appear more interesting.
- No attachments, cover letters, links, or long lists of previously published work.
- Like us on Facebook. (Not required, but it can’t hurt.)
- Penny Fiction is a “for the love of the flash” project. Authors receive exposure only, no monetary payment. Not even a penny.
- Haunted Waters Press holds electronic and print publishing rights for ninety days following publication, archival rights forever. Copyright remains with the author.
- Entry is taken to be acceptance of these conditions and rules. Contributors will be asked to sign an Author's Agreement.
Curious about the quality of our journal? Stop by Haunted Waters Press to view the latest issues. You won't be disappointed. Over 18,000 readers of the first four issues agree. Our contributors are very pleased with how we showcase their work, because we treat their words as if they were our own. Come join the HWP family. Submit today!