Please delete this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Raden

Banned
Reaction score
Please delete this thread.
I am not arguing with no one and I can't deal with over-reactive people furthermore..
Thank you

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Just use html; the example in the post above has converted the angle brackets; use the actual brackets.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Don, you're going to have to substantially reduce the amount you've quoted otherwise we'll have to start shouting out things like fair use and copyright infringement. A sentence or two is the most you can use.

Don Raden

Banned
Reaction score
Don, you're going to have to substantially reduce the amount you've quoted otherwise we'll have to start shouting out things like fair use and copyright infringement. A sentence or two is the most you can use.
No problem, I have permission from the original poster and besides I have source posted below the quoted post.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Including a source in your quote does not cancel out the requirement for you to conform to fair use guidelines when quoting something.

Having permission from an author to quote their work does not necessarily give you the right to quote it in full, or to quote it here.

The terms and conditions of the forum where this was originally posted must also be taken into account. I've had a quick look and I can't find their T&C, so I can't be sure you're allowed to do this.

And even if I could be, it's bad practice.

Please edit the post. Thanks.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Let me know if it is okay now..thanks

So you've now cut your original post as I requested? Let me remind you of my first post in this thread:

A sentence or two is the most you can use.

I've just counted up. You've left around ten sentences plus a whole slew of code. How does that equate to "a sentence or two"?

I'll edit your post for you. In future, take more care, don't argue when a mod asks you to do something, and when a mod asks you to do something then do it, and don't pretend to do it while barely making an effort.

I hope that's clear.

Don Raden

Banned
Reaction score
You should have told me to just delete this thread instead of telling me to make it 2 sentences. We are talking about the codes and not a story. How can you reduce the codes in 2 sentences? I know copyright and how it works and I'm not dumb to post it here without asking permission from the source... Now if you really want to be perfect then just delete this thread and we are done....

No further argument.
Thank you

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Please delete this thread.
I am not arguing with no one and I can't deal with over-reactive people furthermore..
Thank you

Don, you need to work on your grammar as well as your reading comprehension and debating skills.

You should have told me to just delete this thread instead of telling me to make it 2 sentences.

We don't delete threads here.

We are talking about the codes and not a story.

Coding and internet comments are protected by the same copyright laws as stories.

How can you reduce the codes in 2 sentences?

If you can't follow the principles of fair use then don't quote anything at all. Just link to the source material and outline what it's about. It's far safer.

I know copyright and how it works

You might think you do, but you don't.

and I'm not dumb to post it here without asking permission from the source...

There's more to respecting copyright than asking an author permission to quote their work. As you'd understand if you really did "know copyright and how it works".

Now if you really want to be perfect then just delete this thread and we are done....

A thread delete is all it takes to be perfect? Who knew!

No further argument.
Thank you

I won't delete this thread because, as I've already explained, we don't delete threads at AW.

I don't see how there can be "further" argument when you insisted upthread "I am not arguing with no one" [sic].

And you're welcome. *curtsies*

Don, this "copyright stuff" isn't optional. Respecting other writers' copyright is a moral imperative here, and a legal obligation in the wider world. You'd do well to remember that. You'd also do well to remember what I asked you to do in my previous post here:

In future, take more care, don't argue when a mod asks you to do something, and when a mod asks you to do something then do it, and don't pretend to do it while barely making an effort.

I've put the significant part in bold this time, so you can understand what I'm talking about now.

You not only argued, you didn't do as I asked and when I eventually edited your post myself, you argued again. And for that, Mr Raden, I am giving you a three-day time-out. I suggest you spend your time away from AW learning about copyright infringement, fair use, and citing your sources and adjust your attitude before you come back, or you'll be taking another longer holiday soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.