• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Regina Ryan Publishing Enterprises

ricksimon

Has anyone dealt with this agency? If so, what can you tell me.

Thanks,

matt

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
The Preditors and Editors listing:
Regina Ryan Publishing Enterprises: $ A literary agency. "Interested only in well-written adult nonfiction." Contact at:
251 Central Park West, Suite 7D
New York, NY 10024
$ means it has verified sales.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
From a 2005 writers’ conference listing: http://www.washwriter.org/forms/form_agents.pdf

Nonfiction: narrative nonfiction. Topics of special interest are history, science, women's issues, architecture, adventure, parenting, psychology, pets, health, fitness, the environment, leisure activities such as gardening, sports, cooking and travel, natural history (especially birds) and well-written memoir.

No: fiction, Sci-Fi/fantasy, young adult, poetry or scripts.
Ooo, and Google cache has a thread we lost in the move. Here’s the relevant bit:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:...ic+"Regina+Ryan"+Publishing+Enterprises&hl=en

Victoria
Unregistered User
(8/3/03 8:39 pm)
Reply Regina Ryan
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm aware of no negative information about this agent (Writer Beware has received a number of inquiries). Ms. Ryan apparently was an editor at both Knopf and Macmillan before becoming an agent. I've picked up number of sales this agency has made, to Houghton Mifflin, St. Martins Press, and others. I believe that Ms. Ryan may also do book packaging for publishers.

- Victoria
Writer Beware
www.sfwa.org/beware/
FWIW, here’s the kind of books Ms. Ryan packages.

http://books.google.com/books?q="Re...lr=&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-34,GGLG:en&sa=N&tab=wp

DrLisa

Regina Ryan--Excellent Agent

Regina Ryan is my agent for a non-ficiton manuscript. She has always been professional and helpful and has many connections in the publishing world. Other agents I've worked with speak very highly of her. On a more personal note, when I first met her (chatting for hours in a tiny little Japanese restaurant in Central Park West) she was not only engagable and smart, but very funny and sweet as well. Regina is very "picky" however, and only considers EXTREMELY polished proposals and manuscripts for representation. Non-fiction only from authors with a professional platform for the topic. Good luck!
www.drlisarenereynolds.com

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone query lately? Looking for any info that might be helpful. Thanks

Lyrehca

Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried her on April 25 and she requested my full proposal on May 7.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck Lyrehca. I queried her, but haven't heard back yet.

WillfromSF

Registered
Reaction score
She has an agent with her now that takes fiction - check out their website.

KeatsLove

Registered
Reaction score
4 day turn around from initial query to Sharona Moskowitz (the Associate Agent who takes fiction) to request for partial. Also asked for "author biodata". Seems pleasant enough so far. My manuscript is YA.

From her agent bio on the website:

I am actively acquiring a broad range of fiction across various subject areas. The type of book I'm looking to represent has an original, evocative voice and a compelling story, preferably told with a touch of humor. I particularly appreciate writing that pays attention to the function of language.
In general, I avoid sports stories, hard-boiled crime, spy thrillers and anything with gratuitous violence. Also, I do not represent screenplays or poetry.

KeatsLove

Registered
Reaction score
Sharona upgraded my partial to a full 5 hours after I sent it to her. I'm excited but trying not to get *too* excited. :)

KeatsLove

Registered
Reaction score
Sharona offered me representation today. 26 days from query to offer.

KeatsLove

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Anna,

Mine's YA literary mystery (think Possession for teens). She seems pretty receptive to just about anything besides violence, so I'd say when in doubt query.

KeatsLove

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, honeysock! It's starting to finally sink in. "You mean I don't have to query anymore?" I had 5 other fulls out when the offer came, so sent out the alert. Not fishing for other offers, just being courteous. I will have to do revisions, but they're fairly minor and align with what I was planning for the manuscript anyway.

KeatsLove

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to pop in and remind people that while "stats" are good when querying or deciding whether to query an agent or not, not everyone's stats are going to be the same. Sometimes a story grabs an agent and they're quicker to request or upgrade or offer representation. I got lucky to go from query to offer in 26 days. It does not usually happen that quickly. Sharona really connected with my manuscript so was quick with getting back to me.

I know how important seeing some solid 'numbers' during the query process is, which is why I posted mine, but keep in mind they are not the norm.

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
I saw this on QT already, but congrats, KeatsLove! Keep us updated on your adventure. :)

Queried Sharona on 6/12. She seems pretty quick on the queries. Still grumbling about my email cutting off the last few paragraphs of the 50-page sample, though.

KeatsLove

Registered
Reaction score
I saw this on QT already, but congrats, KeatsLove! Keep us updated on your adventure. :)

Queried Sharona on 6/12. She seems pretty quick on the queries. Still grumbling about my email cutting off the last few paragraphs of the 50-page sample, though.

Thank you, Ether. Good luck. I finished revisions today and sent them off. Now I wait and see if I need to do more or if it's ready for submission.

(and 'yum, Chord Overstreet' re: your icon.) ;)

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
Thank you, Ether. Good luck. I finished revisions today and sent them off. Now I wait and see if I need to do more or if it's ready for submission.

(and 'yum, Chord Overstreet' re: your icon.) ;)

Whoo! That's exciting. Good luck!

(Thanks. ;) Love him with his darker hair.)

KeatsLove

Registered
Reaction score
Whoo! That's exciting. Good luck!

(Thanks. ;) Love him with his darker hair.)

I can't imagine Glee without him anymore. I don't think he's a natural blond so maybe they'll let him do away with the highlights next season.

Off topic, but maybe if we throw in the word "fan fic" it will get by. :)