• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

That Right Publishing (formerly Night Publishing)

briang

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have information on "Night Publishing"? Is it a "self-publishing" outlet or one of the many "vanity press" publishers? Any input or comments (good or bad) based on personal interaction with the company would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brian

briang

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, that's them. Would appreciate opinions on the company based on personal experience.

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
The fact that they don't have an actual website and their blog hasn't been updated in two years should be a big enough caution flag.

briang

Registered
Reaction score
Well, actually, they do have a functioning website. I'm simply attempting to solicit opinions about them based on real life experiences - good or bad.

LaylahHunter

Posting on AW instead of writing
Registered
Reaction score
Brian, do they have some other website besides the blogspot one? If so, could you link it?

briang

Registered
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, that's their only website. I put little if any emphasis on websites, which are, as you would expect, nothing more than propaganda. My question has been online a few days now, so I'll conclude no one has had any type of interaction with them. I just wanted opinions.

Thanks,
Brian

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Owner/author: Tim Roux

From the 'about page' on their blog:
Our authors promote each other through social media, word of mouth, and any other means we can think of. We're all in this together.

From a Dear Author review of a Night Publishing book:
Beyond the characters’ unappealing personalities is the sheer tediousness of the story telling.

From Tim Roux's Smashwords page:
Tim Roux - Taylor Street and That Right Publishing

I am the Managing Editor of Night Publishing which publishes about 60 books a year, mostly from otherwise unknown authors, including myself.

It appears that Night Publishing is dead and its books shifted to Taylor Street or That Right Publishing:
The management of That Right Publishing has had a busy week reloading old Night books to That Right or Taylor Street (depending on the situations).

If they haven’t issued new contracts yet, That Right plans to begin doing such next week and will also make sure to push a new Amazon button to publishing books across all Amazon sites while in the process.
The latest information is that the old Night Publishing will be parked so there may not be such a rush after all, but That Right management wants the new structure in place by the end of next week.

Your patience is appreciated.

Click here to visit the new That Right Publishing showcase web site. Keep in mind it is not yet completed due to the changeover from Night Publishing.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My question has been online a few days now
Your question has been up for 24 hours, and not every member of AW checks every thread of every subforum during every 24 hour period.

Do you have a connection with this company?

Splinker

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have information on "Night Publishing"? Is it a "self-publishing" outlet or one of the many "vanity press" publishers? Any input or comments (good or bad) based on personal interaction with the company would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brian
It's not a vanity press. Basically, they polish up your manuscript, put it on Amazon and split the royalties. There are no hidden charges or anything like that. My novel is with published by Taylor Street Publishing, owned by the same people. I have a few issues with a couple of their decisions regarding my novel, but they are honest and not trying to screw anyone. Their focus is on kindle downloads and they use the Kindle Select Program to offer freebies and generate interest in their authors.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
At least one of their authors has been let go recently, this confirmed after a period of no communication from the publisher to the writer. Odd thing was that her second book had got as far as cover art before they decided to cut her loose. I'm wondering if they're over-extended?

-Barbara

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
If Amazon rankings are anything to go by, she might want to count her blessings.

In any case, the That Right site is still incomplete (and its ning.com "social site" is gone), but they're still publishing. As is Taylor Street, which is now at: http://www.taylorstreetbooks.com/.

Reaction score
If you want to know what Tim Roux and Kathleen Hewtson (McKenna) of Taylor Street Publishing have been up to, you can look no further than what they've done to me and my book. They first of all introduced so many errors into my book that I had to have it pulled down. Then I noticed that sneaked things into the book that I had previously told them NO about. (true crime book "The River of No Return: On the trail of Hannah Anderson and Jim DiMaggio")

Furthermore, they have not paid me one dime and I know for a fact that the book sold numerous copies after I went on a media campaign plugging it on news programs and various radio shows.

Taylor Street Publishing is definitely a scam. I don't know how some writers are just having an okay time with them, but they really did a number on me.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site(s) and social media taken down soon after last book pubbed Dec '14.