• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[ePub] Lonehouse Creative Studio

rubyhart75

Registered
Reaction score
Lonehouse

Lonehouse is looking for submissions for their new E-Publishing company. 60% royalties on cover price.

Submission Information

We accept electronically submitted queries only. Do not send your query through the mail as it will not be reviewed.
We are looking to publish Romance and Erotica, Women's Fiction, and General Fiction.

Please send queries via email to [email protected]

Please include synopsis in the body of your email. This can be as long or as short as you choose, as long as it gives us the full synopsis of the story. Also, please attach three chapters of your novel to the email.

In the email subject line, use the term Submissions, your manuscript title, and genre.

In your email, please include your personal information: name, email, contact information, and any pertinent writing background information. Make sure you include the word count of your manuscript (ie: 55,000 words).

Lonehouse is an electronic publisher, with scope to move into print in the very near future.

Please note the following:

• We publish Romance, Erotica, Women's Fiction, and General Fiction.
  • Although we do accept stories containing sex scenes (explicit in our Erotica stories) in most of our lines, it must occur between consenting adults.
Please note - we will not review or publish stories with any of the following elements.

-No depraved or illegal acts

-No bestiality

-No degradation of women (rape)

-No pedophilia (no sex involving underage characters)

Category Lengths:
(determined by computer word count)
7,500 to 20.000 words (ebook only)
20,001 to 40,000 words (ebook only)
40,001 to 65,000 words (ebook only)
65,001 to 100,000 words (ebook)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MOD NOTE

Pay scale is required for this forum. Please post.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lonehouse has posted a call for submissions in the paying markets thread, so I figured we may as well start a thread on this press. Given the match-up for word counts, I'm assuming it's this Lonehouse epublisher:

http://www.lonehouse.co.uk/index.html

Though they've posted in paying markets, I can't find any mention of pay rates anywhere. The website is under construction but has this as 'Coming soon...'

Our new range of cover design packages and book layout packages.

Editing services -- packages coming soon.

Which, to me, suggests they are a fee-charging vanity press or are selling services to would-be self-publishers.

The only other info I can find is this page with a similar call for submissions, and this additional info:
Have a look at my website (well, it's not mine - hubby's business that I have added to) as it is almost finished, but I am looking for novel submissions. I am an Editor by trade, but since being very ill (Hysterectomy due to Cancer) I have looked at life in a very different way. So, now that I'm feeling better, I am starting my own publishing business as I have always wanted to go it alone.

Lonehouse.co.uk is looking for submissions for their new E-Publishing company....

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Given that their website talks about 'packages' for editing, cover art, and layout, I think that this is a fee-based rather than paying market.

absitinvidia

A bit of a wallflower
Registered
Reaction score
I would agree with Unimportant--this is a self-publishing outfit, not a paying market.

rubyhart75

Registered
Reaction score
Lonehouse

Hello,

Just to clarify, this is not a self-publishing business. You will not be charged for an editing service or a book cover.

Lonehouse offers editing and book cover service as part of their business, as some people have made enquiries on just having their manuscript edited.

Ruby

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
rubyhart, is this a pay to publish venture? Will writers be required to purchase editing packages or marketing packages?

rubyhart75

Registered
Reaction score
There are no costs to pay as an author, and royalties are 60% of the RRP.

Ruby

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are no costs to pay as an author, and royalties are 60% of the RRP.

Ruby

Am I correct in assuming that the books will be sold only via the Lonehouse website?

(Many retailers such as Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, BooksOnBoard, AllRomance, etc will require a ~40% discount off cover price from the publisher so that they make a profit selling the books -- which would leave the publisher's profit at zilch.)

absitinvidia

A bit of a wallflower
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Just to clarify, this is not a self-publishing business. You will not be charged for an editing service or a book cover.

Lonehouse offers editing and book cover service as part of their business, as some people have made enquiries on just having their manuscript edited.

Ruby

Just to clarify:

Someone who wants editing but is not going to publish via your service pays only for editing. (I agree that this raises red flags; most publishers aren't going to be interested in editing books for other publishers, which is what this amounts to.)

Someone who wants to publish via your service pays no costs whatsoever and receives a royalty of 60%.

Is that correct?

Also: What is your acceptance rate for submitted manuscripts? What are your editors' qualifications? Sorry for all the questions--also apology to the mods if these are BRBC questions!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am going to port a copy of this thread to Bewares and Backgrounds so the discussion about royalties, packages etc can be carried on there.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Merged copied thread with another member's question thread. Side effects may include disorientation and persistent rash.

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
Seems like this company would be better off providing their editing and packaging services under a different corporate identity if for no other reason than to alleviate concern and confusion in the future.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
A year later, the only trace of it is here on AW.