• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Novel Concept Publishing

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
This should probably be in a different sub-forum. You'd find more info in the Beware, Recommendations, and Background Checks.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Porting to Bewares

scorpiodragon

Black belt in awesome
Registered
Reaction score
Looking through the site is an experience. The covers are interesting; I've seen worse and I've seen better. Their publishing experience is minimal mostly as authors though one is the editor of an online zine but you have to go to their blogs to find that information since its not on the NCP site. On face value it's not a lot to inspire confidence.

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I was in communication with this house, and aaaalmost signed, but passed, mainly because I'm way too much of a prima donna to re-write even a chapter. But, in summary:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The communication was fast, to the point, infinitely patient and courteous. Query received==>the whole MS please==>I read it and here is what I think… No delays, no excuses, [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This does not happen as often as the optimist may assume.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The editor actually instantly grasped the point of my super-complicated, multi-POV[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]–[/FONT]present day city–underwater base– lunar surface–space station–parallel dream worlds–multiple instances of shifted perceptions novel... and was able to both see the strengths, and to identify potential weaknesses. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Not just vague praise hiding the fact no one tried to really analyze the novel... [/FONT]This does not happen as often as the optimist may assume.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The royalty arrangement was the most generous in my experience thus far, and I am currently working with seven separate epublishers, and have been in communication with many more.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. The proposed contract duration was very fair; no megalomaniac desires here to take stuff for the duration of the copyright, or even for half a decade. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This does not happen as often as the optimist may assume.

5. A hefty percentage of their published titles hold quite reasonable rankings on Amazon. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]This does not happen as often as the optimist may assume.

Summary:
The impression Novel Concept Publishing left with me is entirely positive. Good luck to them and all their authors, present and future.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I've been offered here. Very fast, polite and detailed communication. They thoroughly read everything--know the story and know exactly what they want to do with it. I have to wait since agent is winding down subs at the moment. We've had some late responders and a few that are yet to contact us. Oh, nice artwork too.

tri