AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Novel Concept Publishing

A wanderer in the sea of publishing Michael Drakich's Avatar

Novel Concept Publishing

Has anybody dealt with these people, know anything about them? - NCP novel concept publishing - http://www.novelconceptpublishing.com/

practical experience, FTW rwm4768's Avatar
    This should probably be in a different sub-forum. You'd find more info in the Beware, Recommendations, and Background Checks.

Porting to Bewares
    My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing

Black belt in awesome scorpiodragon's Avatar
    Looking through the site is an experience. The covers are interesting; I've seen worse and I've seen better. Their publishing experience is minimal mostly as authors though one is the editor of an online zine but you have to go to their blogs to find that information since its not on the NCP site. On face value it's not a lot to inspire confidence.
    "Happiness isn't good enough for me. I demand euphoria!" ~ Calvin & Hobbes

Banned
    I was in communication with this house, and aaaalmost signed, but passed, mainly because I'm way too much of a prima donna to re-write even a chapter. But, in summary:

1. The communication was fast, to the point, infinitely patient and courteous. Query received==>the whole MS please==>I read it and here is what I think… No delays, no excuses, This does not happen as often as the optimist may assume.

2. The editor actually instantly grasped the point of my super-complicated, multi-POVpresent day city–underwater base– lunar surface–space station–parallel dream worlds–multiple instances of shifted perceptions novel... and was able to both see the strengths, and to identify potential weaknesses. Not just vague praise hiding the fact no one tried to really analyze the novel... This does not happen as often as the optimist may assume.

3. The royalty arrangement was the most generous in my experience thus far, and I am currently working with seven separate epublishers, and have been in communication with many more.

4. The proposed contract duration was very fair; no megalomaniac desires here to take stuff for the duration of the copyright, or even for half a decade. This does not happen as often as the optimist may assume.

5. A hefty percentage of their published titles hold quite reasonable rankings on Amazon.
    This does not happen as often as the optimist may assume.

Summary:
    The impression Novel Concept Publishing left with me is entirely positive. Good luck to them and all their authors, present and future.

Last edited by dondomat; 07-22-2013 at 11:38 AM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin katjapants's Avatar
    I will admit that I'm not terribly savvy about the publishing industry but my god, that website. It's like I've stepped through a portal to 1995.

I've been offered here. Very fast, polite and detailed communication. They thoroughly read everything--know the story and know exactly what they want to do with it. I have to wait since agent is winding down subs at the moment. We've had some late responders and a few that are yet to contact us. Oh, nice artwork too.

tri

I put them on hold three years ago. Amazingly, they're inquiring about the same book, asking if it has been picked up.