• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Google Books Partner Program

Manny

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dysonforums.com
Anyone tried this recently? Mine is on there but I am leery that too much of the book is visible. It only seems to miss the odd page out.

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
I've had two books in Google Booksearch for several years now. No demonstration of it increasing sales in any way. However, that was during the beta phase, and now Borders and BooksAMillion are using the Google search inside feature so it may begin to be worth it.

The Amazon search inside feature, on the other hand, has made a difference in terms of sales.

Blake M. Petit

Geek Pundit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.evertimerealms.com
Google Books (merged into BR&BC thread)

Apologies if there's already a thread about this topic -- I didn't seen one, but you can never be sure.

I've got a few books online now, through the Kindle Store and every place Smashwords can get to. Yesterday, a friend of mine asked if I was going to put my work on Google Books as well. I looked into it and it seemed simple enough, but when I made a comment about it on twitter another friend came back with the comment that "Google books isn't exactly interested in paying you for your work."

I haven't submitted yet, so I thought I'd come here to the experts. Does anybody have any experience with Google Books? Any pitfalls I should be aware of? Worth the trouble or avoid it like the plague?