Am I being impatient?

SuzanneSeese

Comfortably numb by rejections
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.viewofsue.blogspot.com
A year ago I sent a piece into an online parent magazine. They were looking for humor and I can supply that every day of the week. In their submission guidelines they said, "We generally try to review a submission within 30 days, so if you have not heard from us by then you can assume your piece was not a good fit."
I didn't hear back from them but sent them another piece to give it another try a couple months later. Didn't hear from them.
February I received an email accepting the first submission and then in March the second submission was accepted. And was told, "You will receive a follow-up email when we have determined a publication date.
Currently, we provide payment to our submitters via Paypal. Please provide your Paypal email address."

PayPal address has been provided but I have not heard from them. In May I sent an email asking in a casual way, saying I'm updating my writing resume and was wondering if they could give me an idea of a publication date. Haven't heard back yet.

So am I being impatient? I've never had problems with the online magazines before. Usually get the reject letter within 2 months or an occasional acceptance which is then published.

I will patiently wait for a response. Thanks in advance.:Thumbs:

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
I don't think you're being impatient at all. I'd probably try to get someone on the phone, since your emails aren't bringing any response.