Status
Not open for further replies.

JRVogt

takin' the world by storm...one raindrop at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.JRVogt.com
Nice to see the updated statistics here. Haven't heard a peep from HV either way since I submitted mine. Just gotta keep busy with current projects...

mistri

Sneezy Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
Catherine I genuinely don't think that you can assume they got rejected through probability. I would suspect most of them haven't heard back and don't care enough to update this thread with non-news. I wasn't going to post until I saw people speculating here, but if I hadn't checked back in it would never have occurred to me. Many writers might only occasionally pop into AW. They might be busy writing.

I submitted right near the end, so I am assuming my reply will probably come later rather than sooner. It'll still probably be a rejection, mind, but that's fine because I'm writing something else in the meantime.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
You can forget about getting one from Retlaw, he's been banned.

Thanks Michael...

Due to this circumstance, I updated Retlaw to banned from AW, outcome unknown.

I was going to erase him from the gene pool, but marking him as a rejection is what would have happened on March 1st anyway...

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Catherine I genuinely don't think that you can assume they got rejected through probability. I would suspect most of them haven't heard back and don't care enough to update this thread with non-news. I wasn't going to post until I saw people speculating here, but if I hadn't checked back in it would never have occurred to me. Many writers might only occasionally pop into AW. They might be busy writing.

I submitted right near the end, so I am assuming my reply will probably come later rather than sooner. It'll still probably be a rejection, mind, but that's fine because I'm writing something else in the meantime.

CatherineS,

One of your 11 reporting in, #22 on the list.

Omnigon

The Book of All
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I hope no one is taking my hypothetical 56% scenario as my actual belief. I posted it in a bit of irony, to show how we really can't assume anything about who has been rejected, because according to the figures I have (plus the known rejections) our rejection rate would be 56%, which is a higher than average rejection rate so far. I mean, it is possible it's that high, but there's nothing solid to back it up.

And I might be wrong but I have counted 27 submissions that have not been updated. I might need to recheck my numbers but I'm pretty sure it is significantly above 11.

Last edited:

Paul

Banned
Reaction score

writers busy writing?

what kinda sick world you live in Mistri? (if that is your real name...)

mistri

Sneezy Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
writers busy writing?

what kinda sick world you live in Mistri? (if that is your real name...)

Ahh, you caught me out there!

Actually I'm just talking about writing. Mostly I'm staring at a screen that's got too much white space and not enough words on it :)

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Ahh, you caught me out there!

Actually I'm just talking about writing. Mostly I'm staring at a screen that's got too much white space and not enough words on it :)
The secret is to wait until the screen talks back.

I find copious amounts of wine helps this, em, process, along.

Lineykins

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was sent a PM request to update what has happened to me (number 23 on the list).

I haven't reported in as I have nothing to report :)
I'm hoping no news is good news, but as I submitted on the last day it may well be my manuscript is still sitting on the 'to be read' pile.

I'll be sure to report back when I hear something. Good luck everyone.

Lineykins

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
well Michael, 'twould seem your PM's are paying off. lol.

Thanks Lineykins.

On a personal note, the longer this goes on, the less it concerns me - which is weird. By that I mean, I value what I've done. Very much so. If another thinks likewise - good. If not, that wont change how I feel about my novel.

And that keeps me calm.

and collected.

and yes, cool.

(honest)

Specialfae

Coffee understands
Registered
Reaction score
I go in spurts actually. I will say though, having AW pointed out to me and joining it have made a HUGE difference! before this I only had google to comfort me, which it didn't. Trying to navigate this 'world' with only a search engine and fearful determination had me ready to cross 'get published' off my list more than once.

So, thank you all for the laughs, the info and comfort that comes from the profound knowledge that this isn't just normal, but actually better than normal.

*folds my note sheet, takes a bow and sits in my chair* :D

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
I hope they get a wiggle on with the rest of the subs. I've had an enthusiastic bite from a small press publisher looking at the same MS, and I don't want to have the 'orrible irony where I sign one contract and a big-name publisher knocks on my door 24 hours later, LOL!

CatherineS

Registered
Reaction score
Mmm hmm. Wally is a rude boy. They seem to crop up in so many places--these very angry, bitter people. I've seen it before in other types of forums. I know that many posters lobby on behalf of absolute free speech (like him), but I'm glad the folks here generally prefer a non-strident tone. Go rail at the forces of the universe on your blog that no-one reads!
Thanks for the sneak-peek EMaree.

Status
Not open for further replies.