The NFL 2012 Season

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Gonna watch football today. Got 9ers and rams and Pats and Dolphins early- steelers/ravens later. If the steelers are to be in this game in any real way, defense will have to be damn near flawless. Then if Batch and our running backs and receivers can resist giving the ball away (they been so generous lately) ... very unlikely, but you never know.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry Bebop, I like both the Steelers and Raven's but I have to go with the Raven's today. Any other time, I just sit back and enjoy the game, rooting for both, but today, Raven's all the way...

While I hope the Eagles wake up and play Dallas to make it a game, I don't think they will and the Cowgirls will take this one easily.

Rams and 49ers, Just for the fun of it, I will go with the Rams. St Louis needs something to cheer about.

Patriots and Miami...no brainer, Patriots, just because they have been on fire the last couple of weeks.

Right now, the Packers who lost to the Giants last week, in a very ugly game for them, look to be taking out their frustrations against the Vikings.

And speaking of the Giants, they play the Redskins Monday night and most of the sports blogs I read are giving the Redskins the edge because of home field advantage. But I am not sure. Manning's arm looked to be real fresh last week against the Packers and the Skins defense is known for giving up the big pass plays. Hopefully, RGIII has enough big plays to keep the Giants off balance. Hopefully, the home crowd goes wild and makes it hard for Manning and company...

The one thing that troubles me is the Chiefs game. With the suicide of one of their players, at Arrowhead Stadium, are the players really going to be up for this game?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Just read that a Brown's groundskeeper also committed suicide today at the practice facility?

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Good call Thothguard on Rams/9ers- all tied up with 3:04 left in the game

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Might also mention, the Packers barely held on to beat the Vikes and the Ravens are ahead at half time...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Can't believe Steelers still have a shot at a wild card. Bengals won too, so I think we still have to win if not all of the 4 remaining games, at least 3. Next week we have the Chargers whom the Bengals beat today. Then Cowboys, and Bengals who beat us the first time. We finish up the regular season with the Browns, who also beat us this year. There's talk that Ben will be back next week. Polamalu saw some action today. Crazy, but the Steelers are still in this race.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe how bad the Ravens played in that game. They couldn't get to Batch enough times and didn't take advantage of that third turnover. Plus the offensive playcalling was just bad on several of their drives. The short passes and slants were working but then Cam decides to just keep calling for deep balls.

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
Well the cowboys won...

The Skins are now in a win or go home type of situation tonight. They play the Giants tonight and have to win in order to stay ahead of the Cowboys.

Should be an interesting game tonight and we will see if the Giants are ready to defend their Superbowl rings and if the Skins can be contenders again...

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
The Eagles know how to throw a game away, don't they?

Speaking of which, the Eagles rookie RB is looking very good. Can't remember his name, Something Brown. But he has to learn to protect the ball. He nearly gave me a heart attack a couple of times, the way he was swinging the ball around on his runs.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Got to give it to the Redskins. Two weeks in a row that they've beaten a major division rival and they're now only one game behind the Giants.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Just watched it and it was a great game. Well done Skins!

And it's put OH in a good mood for the rest of the week!

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
The Broncos at the Raiders tonight. Might be an easy game for Denver, though Raiders do like to play spoiler. I am such a fan of Peyton Manning. It's hard to think of another QB that plays with his kind of intensity. I think he may have been a little tough on some of his teammates at Indianapolis, and you can still see some of that in Denver. But maybe post injury, after getting a little older, he's got it in a more manageable place.

Lookin' forward to this game tonight...

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I wished the Raiders would have won, since it would have helped the Ravens. Oh well. The scary part is, I'm not sure if the Ravens will beat the Redskins. The Redskins have momentum and they're finally starting to believe they can really pull off something big. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Ravens shoot themselves in the foot again, and the Redskins find a way to win.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
What are you doing up, Shadow? Up early or real late?

Yeah, for a minute there, it looked like the Raiders wanted to make a game of it. As always, I was just looking for a competitive game. Talk about teams that are coming on! What is that for the Broncos, 8 in a row?

I know what you mean, Skins are coming on at the right time. But Ravens will obviously win the AFC North. Though another team that's coming on is the Bengals. I think I heard where Ben might play this week against the Chargers. I think if it were me, I'd let Charlie start again. But the second he looks like he wants to give the game away, I put Ben in and hope he doesn't take a big hit on those ribs...

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Up really early. I tend to be a night owl. As for the Steelers, I think they're scared of this being a trap game. Right now, they're two games behind the Ravens and still have a feasible shot of winning the division. Especially when you look at the rest of the Ravens' schedule (at Redskins, Broncos, Giants, and finally, at the Bengals).

The Skins have momentum right and believe they can beat anyone. The Broncos might be the best all around team in the AFC right now. Giants are unpredictable, but still dangerous as hell (ask the Packers). Then you have the Bengals who also are catching on when it matters. I don't expect it, but there's a legit chance for the Ravens to lose all of those games.

If I was the Steelers, I'd be liking my chances right now and wouldn't be willing to give any game away by not starting Ben.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, that is a tough remaining schedule for the Ravens. I didn't realize that. Found this pretty good round up of the AFC North Playoff picture.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/spor...ngals-breaking-down-afc-north-playoff-picture

I'm still betting that the Ravens take the AFC North. And if Ben is healthy enough, not just to play but to be effective, I think the Steelers will snag a wild card spot. This is the best time of the season coming up. Bengals play Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, Ravens.

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
The odds makers have the Redskins favored by 3 points, in this game.

A little surprising to me. Though the Skins really are coming on at the right time. Suggs is out and it's an away game for them, right? But just read where the Ravens haven't lost two in a row in over three years.

I'd like to watch that one, but I won't get it. I do have the Steelers/Chargers game though.