The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Nine: A Journal of Imaginative Fiction

practical experience, FTW CL_Hilbert's Avatar

Nine: A Journal of Imaginative Fiction

Does anyone know what's going on with Nine? I signed the contract for my story in Issue #3 (the "July-August 2012" issue, go figure) but haven't heard from them since. They announced the TOC and then silence.

I emailed the editors awhile ago to ask if they needed any edits on my part, but haven't heard back. They don't seem to be updating their twitter or website, either.

Has anyone been in recent contact with them?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding link: readnine.com. Editor is Ian Rose of Seaworthy Web Solutions.

Given how often 'zines run late, I'd give him another couple weeks before becoming overly concerned.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Frustrated Pluviophile seaaircarol's Avatar
    FWIW, a bunch of rejections from "Nine" are showing on Duotrope for September 6.
    The Princess and the Poison, the first cozy in the Storybook Park Mystery series, is now available at most e-book retailers.

www.carolayer.com

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Closed at the end of '12. Farewell statement (and the three issues published) still available on website.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: