SepNoWriMo

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just spent half an hour looking for a quote for my poetry essay. In the end, I settled for something not-quite what I was looking for. It expresses essentially what I want the quote to say, though I'll have to explain it a bit, instead of the quote being obvious.

Eh, I'm over this essay. I just want it to be done and sent off.

ETA: Inserted the quote, and did 1 editing pass of the essay. I had to get rid of my "I" statements... The tutor said that you should only use "I" statements when using an anecdote from your own experience - not saying things like, "I think" or "I feel that"...

I guess writing first-person fiction tends to make me use "I" a lot more than I need to...

Anyway, it's looking better now, but I still have to do a few more editing passes. And add my references... I hate adding references. Boo!

ETA2: Spent a long time fighting with a robot. Okay, maybe that needs some explanation... I needed to lodge a form online, and the site was telling me I was unable to. So I rang the company, and they had changed their phone service to be a robot answering thing. *sigh* I rang 3 different numbers, which seemed to loop back around to each other with your "options", struggling with voice recognition. In the end, I got through to a real person, and the matter was sorted in about 2 minutes. But after fighting the robot, I had been on hold for like 20 minutes.

Not happy. But hey, it's sorted now, so whatever...

Then spent half an hour helping mum clean out the garage so she could get her car in. The garage had become a repository of whatever we didn't have room for... So yeah, a big pain in the butt to sort out.

So... now I have to get back to work on my essay. Joy...

ETA3: Did another editing pass on the essay. It's sounding much tighter now. Going to leave it till tomorrow now. I need to get some readings done!

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Did 4 more readings. Just have 1 reading left for sociology...

Need to add references to my essay today, then give it a final edit. I'm going to submit it tomorrow, so that on Monday I can focus on everything else without being distracted by tweaking the essay incessantly.

Not even going to look at the philosophy essay yet... I'll have 2 weeks or so to get that done over the break, with precious little else to do.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
It's the high school's first week of school. I've already had to go back. :gaah

SOMEONE, ahem, "forgot" to add my second semester of Spanish credit to my transcript and I got a letter in the mail complaining about it...

Have to go back in again on Monday to get the paperwork. At least it's leap year and my birthday's on Tuesday...

Not having a good week...

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hope it gets sorted easily. :)

Well, I have just finished all my sociology readings. I also did my philosophy readings yesterday. So that just leaves poetry homework...

There's comparatively little to do this week, thankfully. No poems to write for it - though I might see if I can get one written anyway, if I have time, in preparation for the final assignment.

ETA: Just spent half an hour tracking down original publication dates and titles for the poems in my essay. I really hate referencing!

ETA2: Added my referencing to the essay, and the final format issues (such as page numbers and headers). Going to have to look at a book I have, which has correct referencing just spelled out for you. I think I got it right, but I'm not 100% on it...

Last edited:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Cliff :) My transcript looks atrocious :tongue I never got to see it after graduation until yesterday... For some reason it says that I had 26 credits instead of 25 (which I'm POSITIVE I was supposed to have because that's how many I needed and I just barely had enough to graduate...), and that's WITHOUT that Spanish credit on there... I'm not entirely sure what they were thinking leaving it out because it's required for admission to the college and it kind of annoys me... But it's really difficult to add credits to a transcript that already has the maximum number of credits for the semester, so...

Filled out about ten sudoku puzzles before bed to relax a little though. :tongue

~Amber~

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
This really feels like a bad week for me as well. I just feel so down today. :( I have so much that I have to get done and that isn't including writing. Ugh. I don't even feel excited about my story anymore honestly, and I know that isn't reason to stop it.

Part of me is wondering if I should just do novelettes, small novellas and short stories. I don't know if I'm reading to tackle bigger projects yet. *sigh*

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Final edits on essay done. Essay submitted online. Panic attack in 3... 2... 1... Eek!

I always feel this way after submitting anything (for Uni or writing). Usually it works out well enough... But damn those butterflies!

Going to distract myself by doing my poetry readings. And hey, at least now I won't be concerned with editing the essay. :tongue

ETA: Colour me surprised! Every past week, the poetry readings have been quite long. Not so this week - it took me about 10 minutes to do all of it! So I then did the rest of my homework...

Could it be? Do I actually have no homework left to do right now?! :D

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it does. :)

I've been maimed by Uni though... I just spent an hour doing whatever I felt like, and now I'm thinking about starting to make notes for the philosophy essay... It isn't due for another 3 weeks!

Must resist the extra homework! :Guitar:

rynthewin

Plotting Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Including character sheets, outlining, and actual writing, I've written about 3000 words in the past 4 days. Not bad, considering I've been having lots of pain flares.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Got my stupid transcript looking almost good today. :D It says I have one more credit than I actually do, but I had all the required ones and enough to graduate, so we called it close enough :tongue

Just glad I don't have to go back in tomorrow. :)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Woo!

1 more day at Uni tomorrow, then a few weeks of break. Or rather, a few weeks of less reading but more essay-writing, and no classes.

I've decided to make the most of my free time. I'm going to tackle not just the essay due first week back, but also the one due at the end of the year for the other class.

If I can get that end-of-year one done, then that'll mean much less stress in the 4 weeks after break.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Added about 300 words today in a half hour.

My overall word count ain't great but at least this is helping me to get in the swing of writing daily.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I got some more added to my story. Yay. (I haven't update my counter for a while; I should probably do it soon though.).

I might look at my idea notebook to look at writing another idea.

I don't know what's wrong. My writing just feels kind of stilted or something at the moment. The writing just feels weird or something. However, I think I'm going to go ahead and continue with the WIP. I want to try to finish it. Even if I don't end up publishing it or something. It will at least get me closer to writing a novel-length WIP, right?