SepNoWriMo

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, most of you will know the drill. It's a new month (where I am, at least) and we all have things we should be doing.

Feel free to use this thread to keep yourself on track, whatever it is you need to do. Everyone's welcome!

For me, I will be doing what I did in August - Uni homework. Yeah, so exciting. :tongue

So I have an essay due in a few weeks, and another due at the start of October, so they'll both have to be done this month. Lots of readings, writing poems, etc.

Have at it!

ohthatmomagain

writing, working, weeping, winning
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm... I have a story that I just started that is giving me grief to write and I don't want to wait until Nov. Maybe I should do this September thing :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
So far today, I have read 2 articles for poetry, and written a bitch of a poem. Sestinas... How I loathe thee!

Need to write another poem (this time of my own choosing) and then work on my portfolio entries. And at some point I really need to make time for the essay...

Waiting for lunch now. Getting take-out. Woo!

ETA: Lunch had, and another poem written. As has so often been the case with this semester's poems, I didn't know what I was going to say until I was halfway through the poem. So I guess all my poems will need heavy edits before the final assignment...

ETA2: Wrote about 1000 words for my portfolio entry. Slowly knocking things off my to-do list...

Last edited:

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I just want to finish the stories I've started before November. :)

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
My goal is to write and finish 15 short stories this month (plus the two I have already started).

G. Applejack

Write faster! FASTER!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing it, only because I have to get my head out of my last novel before I edit it and November is penned for the sequel. This will be something new!

633 words so far today. :D

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Checking in :D Still camping, but the lodge near the campsite has free wi-fi. :tongue

I finished last month with a grand total of 2506 words. :D (It's a step up from the 4 I left with ;))

Ready to get a LOT of writing done this month (as long as my battery doesn't die :tongue) :)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Did 4 (short) readings for poetry. 2 more to go, but they can be done while I'm at the grandparents' place.

So I pretty much have nothing else to do but my essay. Eek! Essay! I still don't have a strong argument planned for it... It's gonna be a bitch to write, I think.

Going to take some time for myself now.

ETA: Wound up doing the other readings. Seems I can't relax lately if there's something productive I could be doing... Still unsure about the essay...

Last edited:

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
This month I will finish my novel - hopeful thinking I know.

Last month I said I would but got completely sidetracked by homework and the likes and the time I did write, ended up scrapping and starting over.

Even if I get 50k+ that would be a-mah-zing!

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning on editing my other Novel this month:D If I have time, I might finish off the end for the August Novel but aside from that I'm letting that one rest before I touch it lol:)

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
So 2 days in and I've clocked up 3k. (Not to mention the essay I had to do which was at least 1k)

Feeling really good about this month - probably jinxed it now though! If I could get 3k every two days then I'll be very pleased.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I wasted the whole morning. The plumber was here, doing loud things, so I didn't feel like working on anything.

But I have just chosen 6 poems to focus on for my essay. It's a 1000 word essay, so 6 should be more than enough. (The poems will be attached at the end of the essay, and so don't count towards the wordage, unless I feel compelled to quote a particular line or two...)

So I guess now I just have to write the bloody thing... Not looking forward to it. :(

ETA: 936 words, and the essay is done. It will need heavy edits, which I had anticipated. This is exactly why I did it a week early! Going to relax for the rest of the night.

Last edited:

FurryNovelist88

Awwwww YEAH
Registered
Reaction score
My goal is to write a minimum of 30k this month. So far I've written 3. I too want to finish writing this book before November. 1k a day makes the pain go away :D

rynthewin

Plotting Princess
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a set wordcount this month, but I just want to work on the 2nd draft of my novel that I finally finished the outline for! I also will be planning for GothNoWriMo (that a lovely person mentioned in this thread) for October and then attempting the big one in November! Attempting is the key word, though, since November is a busy month for me as a student.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Total so far for the month is 2369. I still think I need my head examined for even thinking of trying to finish 50,000 words in a month. I'm already way behind but at least I have 2369 more than I did on August 31.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I got my first graded piece for second semester back today. It was a short-answer assignment for philosophy. I got... dun dun dun... 24/25. Woo! :D

I didn't have a good look at where I lost a mark... Might take a peak later. So happy with that!

1 week till I have to submit the poetry essay. (We're submitting online, which is new... Usually it's on-campus on-paper.) Today's poetry class was helpful... I've already written the first draft of the essay, but today I found out what I need to focus on in edits to maximise my chance of getting a knockout grade.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Good that school is going well so far, Cliff.

TNK - just leave time for the next Dresden book coming!

Sept. has just been writer admin stuff, except for making a cover and editing a scene out of the book I need to edit by Oct. Releasing 2 novels by the end of the year.

Read a novella and a novel in late August.