Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Fixed it for ya.
Fine, when I'm made Pope you can all come to my parties. I hope you like loud club music and oiled-up men in skimpy clothing.

To be honest, though, if just about *any* characters had hooked up other than the ones who did it would have been more interesting. (Except if it had been Harry and Hermione, which would have been just as dull.)
Agreed. I know Ron and Hermoine was always going to happen, but I would have respected Rowling so much as an author if as Ron went for that kiss Hermoine pushed him away and confessed her love for Ginny.

I'm just very slightly cheesed off with Rowling that she only has one gay character and nothing ever comes of that in any way, shape or form. I'm not calling for a Cast Full of Gay type situation, but give me something!

Harry and Draco would have been too obvious for me. Harry and Neville more believable. But Harry and Cedric? Now THAT would have made an epic tale. Introduce Cedric in Chamber of Secrets and let the relationship grow from there. They become friends, competitors, rivals, etc and then we get to the end of GoF and boom! Motivation for the rest of the series. Heartbreak and vengence all rolled into one.

Just me own thawts.
It would have been obvious, yes. But it just would have made so much sense. Nobody forms hatred that strong just because of being snubbed when you're 11. Even if not on Harry's end, I insist that there was more to Draco's animosity than is immediately apparent.

Last edited:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina! So, I smacked the back of my head off a shelf this morning. It still hurts. :(

Other than that, it's really mild here today, if a little windy. I finally made it to the car wash so now my car is no longer coated in road salt.

And please, don't look too much into me still having a teddy bear...
I still take a stuffed animal to bed with me every night. An old, ratty Toucan Sam that I've had since I was nine. I can't sleep without it. Besides him, I've also got a husky, two dragons, a giant red iguana, and one of the dragon-donkeys from Shrek.

So am I the only one who saw the subtext between Dumbledore and Grindelwald??
I believe Rowling said that Dumbledore was actually gay. It's obviously not mentioned or described in the book, but she always pictured him as a homosexual.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I should probably mention that while I am a really liberal one... I'm am Catholic and still go to church.

Also, given that real people were deeply hurt by the sex abuse scandal in the Catholic church, would it be possible to leave off the priests and altar boy jokes? For the victims sake.

*wanders away for a while*

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome Dirk Maggs stuff.

I swear I'm not sucking up to the guy, but... I can't think of a single moment in any of the dramas I have heard thus far which knocked me out of the story. There's always a "WHAT???" when I'm listening to audio dramas, but the guy skips over all the thorny parts with aplomb. So, so jealous.

I managed to track down ID4 UK and American Werewolf in London, too (don't ask) and plan to run those reviews later this year.

Look out for the Superman drama as well. It is... interesting. :D

Recovering from Moving 3000 cubic feet of Snow over the Last Two Days While Stuck Indoors With Small Hyperactive Children Because of Freezing Rain and Maybe Just Maybe Working on My Story Which Had A Great Title When It Was Just A Short Story But Now That It's Becoming A Novel Desperately Needs A New One.

:roll:

So... Things are quiet? :D

Vermont Teddy Bear Company makes a few like that. I have a bear whose entire face is a mask, and it comes off to reveal an alien.

Y'know, I spend more money because of AW than any other website.

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Also, given that real people were deeply hurt by the sex abuse scandal in the Catholic church, would it be possible to leave off the priests and altar boy jokes? For the victims sake.

^This.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm.

So, my cubicle was moved while I was away, except that none of my thinges were moved so I spent the morning doing that. And cleaning out the *hurk* half-eaten candy some weirdo left in the new desk. WHO DOESN'T FINISH CANDY? ANd my finger is spontaneously bleeding, so the typing is teh difficult.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
So, as my mom dumped out a shopping bag to show me the clothes she got, she inadvertently showed me my Valentine's Day gift. Surprised ruined. :(

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
So, as my mom dumped out a shopping bag to show me the clothes she got, she inadvertently showed me my Valentine's Day gift. Surprised ruined. :(

It's the thought that counts, not the surprise. :)

Your mum buys you Valentine's Day presents? I find that really weird.

My mom brought me a Valentine's Day gift.

Granted, it was a tub of cinnamon hearts...

Also, writing a scene with my girlfriend based on a scene in my story which may not happen and if it does won't actually get shown. For reasons.

;)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm.

So, my cubicle was moved while I was away, except that none of my thinges were moved so I spent the morning doing that. And cleaning out the *hurk* half-eaten candy some weirdo left in the new desk. WHO DOESN'T FINISH CANDY? ANd my finger is spontaneously bleeding, so the typing is teh difficult.

Dude. Coming back from vacations should be something people are eased into. Like, day 1, work 2 hours then go home.

I wrote more than 1K today :)

Awesome! :D

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
Your mum buys you Valentine's Day presents? I find that really weird.

Nahhh my mom was sending me cards and gifts up until the year she died, I was 39 at the time. It all depends on the persons personality, some folks are just gift givers. Me not so much in fact you might die waiting for a gift from me.:ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.