Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
I bring, for your enjoyment, the attack of the rubber noodle, featuring kittens, my cackling mother, and moi as camera person

Cute babeh kittehs! :D *squees happily*

I think my family is weird. Well-educated, but weird.

ETA: On the way out the door, my youngest son objected to the name. His exact words: "I thought we used GREEK names, not ROMAN!"

Super amazingly awesome, you mean. :D I wish more of mine were a bit more awesome that way. :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Super amazingly awesome, you mean. :D I wish more of mine were a bit more awesome that way. :)

I confess, it is fun. Nobody but us get our weird jokes, but still, we have a lot of laughs.

ION, it should seem appropriate that I'm Snowflake outlining my story today, when my nieces are here because a threatened snowstorm had the schools pre-emptively closed.

The outlining is going surprisingly well. I'm not sticking slavishly to the Snowflake format, because this story ... well, I find I'm feeling my way along, trying to find a rhythm. It has more threads to keep track of than my usual stuff -- a fantasy plot, a romantic plot, multiple character dynamics, a stalker subplot, blah, blah, blah -- and .... I don't know. I just trust my gut more than I trust the formula, but I can't bring myself to trust to just pantsing it.

As long as it's working, right?

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
addendum:

thanks to my fickle, fickle imagination, my self-indulgence story has developed a strong PNR thread to it. But I just DON'T WANT to write smexy-timez. I just don't. I don't like reading them, I don't like writing them, I don't want to do it.

Does PNR have to have smexy-timez? Or am I just being a big baby about the whole thing?

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Does anyone want to take part in the Next Big Thing blog hop? I have a post going up tomorrow, and I can tag folks.

Count me in. :)

I just finished Hounded by Kevin Hearne

That book is the shit.

I love his writing. Very fun. I remember when I first started HOUNDED and had to ask Kevin about where Atticus' shop was located (I used to work right around the corner). Plus, you know, Oberon. :D

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
I confess, it is fun. Nobody but us get our weird jokes, but still, we have a lot of laughs.

ION, it should seem appropriate that I'm Snowflake outlining my story today, when my nieces are here because a threatened snowstorm had the schools pre-emptively closed.

Laughs are good and having awesome (like, actually awesome, not just 'we think it's awesome' awesome) jokes is the best. :D I know I was lucky in many ways, growing up, but man - sometimes, looking back, it would have been nice to have a slightly more intellectual family. Or maybe just a bit more weird, like me. Sometimes. :) I love 'em to pieces, and I wouldn't really change them, but... Yeah. Sometimes, I dream. :)

Also, I had to Google snowflake outlining. That looks very interesting. I shall have to study it some more. I'm glad it seems to be working well for you! :)

Does PNR have to have smexy-timez? Or am I just being a big baby about the whole thing?

They do not have to have smexy-timez, no. A lot of the ones I read have a bit of snogging or some hot and heavy longing gazes followed by ellipses and maybe people wake up together... I think it depends on your characters. If they're not exhibitionists, I wouldn't necessarily expect to read about the details of their sexual congress. :) As long as the romance part works, the sex is sort of *waves hands* ... You know, whatever.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm on board with this! Sounds like fun :partyguy:
I'll tag you in my blog, then!

I just finished Hounded by Kevin Hearne

That book is the shit.

I really enjoyed Hounded. I need to pick up book 4. I was a bit meh about book 3, but I think it suffers from middle-of-the-series-itis, which you know, happens when you're setting up stuff.

Kevin is an AWer and a pretty awesome dude.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have much to add but.... hai. How are all of you? I'm well. Still waiting on the spinach-that-must-have-been-frozen-in-the-wastes-of-Jotunheim to thaw.

Hello B. How's the kitteh? And the lovely park and river? Seen Willy Wonka this winter??

Also, always thaw safely and handle food in a way that doesnt make your guts explode.

I bring, for your enjoyment, the attack of the rubber noodle, featuring kittens, my cackling mother, and moi as camera person

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7H2UJOqbSo

Awwwwwwwwww!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
They do not have to have smexy-timez, no. A lot of the ones I read have a bit of snogging or some hot and heavy longing gazes followed by ellipses and maybe people wake up together... I think it depends on your characters. If they're not exhibitionists, I wouldn't necessarily expect to read about the details of their sexual congress. :) As long as the romance part works, the sex is sort of *waves hands* ... You know, whatever.

Titles, please? Because the ones I've read range from erotic to explicit to downright raunchy.

The weird thing is, I know what kind of lover my male MC would be; really gentle and painstaking. I just don't want to show it in explicit detail.

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
Titles, please? Because the ones I've read range from erotic to explicit to downright raunchy.

The weird thing is, I know what kind of lover my male MC would be; really gentle and painstaking. I just don't want to show it in explicit detail.

You had to ask, didn't you? Can't think of a blessed one, now. Not just 'one without graphic sex' but 'any'. It must be because I'm reading a lot of UF at the moment (just got the latest K1m Harrison book! Woo!). Most of the UF I read has elements of PNR, actually... Even the Hollows books have Rachel sort of kind of in a relationship occasionally (I'm really looking forward to this latest one... I think the series is nearing an end and I'm totally shipping Rachel and Trent... hehe).

I think MaryJanice Davidson's Queen Betsy series is light on the graphic sex, too (it's mostly implied, but there are some graphic-ish scenes occasionally... I'm not sure those can really be classified PNR anymore, though...)

Ok. Maybe I'm full of crap and there aren't any that I read that could be truly classed as PNR and not UF that don't have fairly graphic sex in them.

I'll check when I get home, though. :D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Even the Hollows books have Rachel sort of kind of in a relationship occasionally (I'm really looking forward to this latest one... I think the series is nearing an end and I'm totally shipping Rachel and Trent... hehe).

:Wha:

You'd better be wrong about that.

Besides, she has plenty of Clint Eastwood film titles left to use.

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, I think "snogging" is a word that needs to be in American English.

It's so much better than any phrase we have for it.

:D

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
There are things I should be doing. Like cleaning because I'm to have guest over for dinner tonight. But I'm stuck on my computer doing nothing.

Some days I just don't want to even try being productive, because it's boring.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Is it completely silly that, when I posted my "smezytimez in PNR" in the Novels section of AW, I felt a little like I was being unfaithful to the Cantina?

Yeah, I'm weird like that. Sue me! :D

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
There are things I should be doing. Like cleaning because I'm to have guest over for dinner tonight. But I'm stuck on my computer doing nothing.
I'm not sure if this'll sound like a compliment or the opposite but sometimes I have a tendancy to forget that most of you people are proper adults with adult stuff going in your lives. It's always odd when someone says something to remind me.

Particularly when I become accutely aware that some have children older than me... it makes me feel odd, childish and in the way. *shrug*

ION: I have written 23 words of my space western. This is going to be a slow writing day...

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Particularly when I become accutely aware that some have children older than me... it makes me feel odd, childish and in the way. *shrug*

If it makes you feel any better, when I remember that a goodly percentage of Cantina-ites are young enough to be my own children, it makes me feel so old and useless. I keep wondering if, behind your screens, you're all whispering, "Oh, jeez, Granny, just go back to your knitting and leave the fun stuff to us!"

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm worried to talk about my current space opera attempt, because I could jinx it, but I feel the need to share some ideas with someone.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why is it even when I know what I want to write my brain refuses to let me actually type any of it?

*glares at blank page* I hate you...

The plight of the writer, my friend.

Also, for those who asked, may I present you with The People's Elbow:

yRL6Y.gif

You're welcome.

Morn.....uh....afternoon, gang.

Whut up?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, when I remember that a goodly percentage of Cantina-ites are young enough to be my own children, it makes me feel so old and useless. I keep wondering if, behind your screens, you're all whispering, "Oh, jeez, Granny, just go back to your knitting and leave the fun stuff to us!"

Pff! You're the funnest one here. Trust me. :D

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
The plight of the writer, my friend.
*shrug* I'm on 378 now though.

Also, for those who asked, may I present you with The People's Elbow:

yRL6Y.gif

You're welcome.
That's a good one... I prefer the one he did on the Undertaker where Taker sat back up so the Rock just kicked him down again and carried on.

Status
Not open for further replies.