Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Despite my fatigue, I wrote some words.

ETA: Just under 5'8 for men, and 5'4 for women.
Whew! I was getting really discouraged for a moment.

I didn't have much of a chance at height. My mom's only 5'0 and my dad's 5'7. Then you've got my brother. He's 5'10. I always joke that he squandered the height genes before I was born.

Morning all :)

On height - I am five foot. Washboard chest applies here, and I can fit into clothes from the kids section sometimes.
That's pretty much me too.

Says you! When I was in grade 2, I broke the nose of a kid in grade 5 who had been picking on me for ages (oh man, I got in so much trouble, more than anything else I ever did). Size ain't everything.
Maybe it's just me then. I'm a wet noodle wimp.

I still can't picture my FMC taken on a humongous guy, but she'll definitely take on a taller woman, and one that's not exactly human.

ETA: I really wish my dad wouldn't channel surf. He just came upon something disturbing and now I'll have to go to bed with that scene on my mind. Goodnight, Cantina. I guess.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eesh, a guy steps out for a few hours and comes back to find talk of height and breast.

Also, I'll be in my bunk.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
I'm running off with Hillz some day. There will be dark chocolate truffles and good beer. It will be glorious.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
You spend your entire life -- and I mean first grade onwards -- being treated like a great, lumbering, clumsy oaf, and see how well you like it.

Okay, breast size does NOT suck for tall girls. I'm a 40D (used to be DD). I am bodacious, babe!

I was 5' tall in first grade. My birthday picture that year is me, looking like a sasquatch in a very unfortunate pink pantsuit my mom made for me, along with all the normal sized, adorable children, sort of cowering in fear next to me. You wonder why I felt like an outcast my whole life.

However, I made it to 5'5" and quit. At 12.

Also, someone did a blog post about Tiffany Allee's books. She's kind of shy, so I'll just link to her blog here and you guys can go there, or not.

http://bettieleetwo.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/lycan-unleashed-by-tiffany-allee/

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
why thank you, my friend! :) I thought it went rather well....

I got a lot of Pride and Prejudice stuff this weekend. I'm joining two bloggery things - one blog hop and a year long celebration for the 200th anniversary, and the Anniversary is the 29th.

Stanley_Ford

Slacker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
The female MCs tend to be short. That stems from my annoyance with tall women being depicted as the only ones who can be tough. Granted, a woman my height wouldn't be able to take down a 200 lbs+ guy on her own, but she could outsmart him, or find some other means of taking him out. Paint can to the head, anyone?

I call BS. 5lbs/sq inch will crush a knee cap. Just make sure he doesn't fall on you.

I seriously think all the silly or meh moments on that show are worth it for Kenzie.

Yes, yes they are. BTW did you know she was in the movie Black Swan?

My numbers are out of date? Great, I'm even more freakish than I thought! ;)

And this is why we love you.

I haz birthday cake. :D

Happy You Day RA. Sorry I missed it.

My brain may be melting. So do be mindful of puddles in the Cantina.

I haven't been in the dong garden of late, but you should probably avoid puddles out there, too.

This is why I do not go into the Dong Garden or the Snatch Patch.

ION: Netflix is teh ebil... that is all.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I'm 1.79 Ctms. No idea how's that in inches, but I tend to make it even and say 6 ft. Tall.

1.79m is a shade under 5'10 1/2". There are 2.54cm to an inch.

6'0" is 1.83m. 15+ years ago I was 1.85m and now I'm 1.82m so I should strictly speaking say I'm 5'11 3/4" but six feet is easier, particularly since I've been that height since my mid-teens. At one point I was the second-tallest in my year at school, but I followed the early-spurt-then-stop growth pattern so others around me grew later and ended up taller than me. My brother followed that pattern.

Morning all :)

On height - I am five foot. Washboard chest applies here, and I can fit into clothes from the kids section sometimes.

Petite is annoying. Not just because of aesthetic reasons, but on a purely practical level. I need chairs to reach stuff, and have to work harder to build up upper arm strength for the stretcher and things like that, because I actually have to lift the thing a couple of centimetres before I can slide it into the ambulance.

On the other hand, I'll never have back problems from being bent double in the back with a patient, and I'm good news at car accidents with tight spaces involved. Still, it's a bit annoying sometimes.

I have written average-height and short MCs. One of the WIPs in my sig has a petite FMC - that tight spaces thing is necessary to the plot. Useful exercise in being in someone else's shoes as it's a case of two tall people writing a short person.

Last edited:

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Waitaminute... How is it that at the same height as you, I'm a size 34D? And that based on how my bras fit, I'm beginning to consider moving up a cup size?

Totally not bragging, I am complaining. 'Cause my bras do too much work to last me more than 8 months of use and doing anything without one (even washign dishes or writing by hand) is painful.

A friend of mine, same height as you, recently posted on Facebook about finding it difficult to find bras that fit. She was a 34D and has now lost weight and is a 32E. So what you say sounds feasible to me.

Another friend of mine (5'6" tall) is a 34G. She went shopping in Rigby & Peller in London, makers of the Queen's lingerie. My friend says that they were expensive but well worth it.

Black-Marlin

Avoiding cliches like the plague
Registered
Reaction score
Website
starlingford.wordpress.com
Can I leap on the bandwagon here? Not with regards to breast sizes, since I don't have them myself (although, for the sake of parity, I can tell you I have a 44" chest), but with regards to height and the disadvantages thereof. My comrades' nickname, 'Target', proved to be bang on the money the day I got shot in the head. Which, let me tell you, is even less fun than it sounds. However, as you can tell from the pic on my profile page, I managed to escape without any disfiguring scarring (my ugliness is naturally come by) other than the graze across the top-left side of my scalp, and you can't really notice it anyway. Naturally enough, in the aftermath my nickname was modified. To 'Actual Target'.

Oh, and ladies, all this talk of chests is having clear brain-melting effects on some of the male individuals in the room. I was discussing it with a female friend yesterday, and she said the males had to get revenge. She also suggested how, in a superficially non-sexy way, this might be achieved...

So, gentlemen, are any of you like me, in that you are ridiculously exothermic? You know, you just have to get into a bed or curl up on a sofa and five minutes later it's toasty as anything? :e2brows:

BM

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
*raises an eyebrow*

I'm a student ambo. I challenge you to find something that makes me squeamish in regards to genitals.

Nothing like showing up at a 70+ couples house because they want you to find their pills and they are in all their naked glory :p

Also, horrible accident stories re genitals. Although they aren't so funny, more ever so slightly sympathetically traumatic

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning :Sun:

As today is Thursday and it's chocolate fiesta day. I want hear about the longest / tallest / widest chocolate you've ever seen.

I have nothing to add, so me and my sadness squid will be over there ->

:Coffee:

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
re boobs

My female friends tell me big boobs suck. You can hold plates on them, but back pain is a bitch...

Creepy stalker is creepy. It annoys me that our culture is such that I have to convince my friend that explicitly telling the stalker to stay away from her and stop talking to her is an acceptable response to the situation.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You spend your entire life -- and I mean first grade onwards -- being treated like a great, lumbering, clumsy oaf, and see how well you like it.

Okay, breast size does NOT suck for tall girls. I'm a 40D (used to be DD). I am bodacious, babe!

This.

Can I leap on the bandwagon here? Not with regards to breast sizes, since I don't have them myself (although, for the sake of parity, I can tell you I have a 44" chest), but with regards to height and the disadvantages thereof. My comrades' nickname, 'Target', proved to be bang on the money the day I got shot in the head. Which, let me tell you, is even less fun than it sounds. However, as you can tell from the pic on my profile page, I managed to escape without any disfiguring scarring (my ugliness is naturally come by) other than the graze across the top-left side of my scalp, and you can't really notice it anyway. Naturally enough, in the aftermath my nickname was modified. To 'Actual Target'.

:ROFL: Also, :eek:. But mostly :ROFL:

So, gentlemen, are any of you like me, in that you are ridiculously exothermic? You know, you just have to get into a bed or curl up on a sofa and five minutes later it's toasty as anything? :e2brows:

Let me just... not respond to this, okay? :D

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
As today is Thursday and it's chocolate fiesta day. I want hear about the longest / tallest / widest chocolate you've ever seen.

I have nothing to add, so me and my sadness squid will be over there ->

:Coffee:

*gets the chiles, batter, salt and black pepper to make calamari* *ponders using forbidden smiley* *doesn't, but it's close*

Also, biggest chocolate bar I have ever personally owned: When I was nine years old, I won a chocolate bar (Hershey's, back when they were good) that weighed in at about 9 pounds. It was a good foot and a half long and a foot across and about 2-3 inches thick, depending on whether you were looking at a breaking line or not. We had to chisel it apart and it took over a month for a family of four (well, three, 'cause mom was allergic) picking at it plus divvying up bits amongst friends and taking it to school to share plus cooking with it to make it go away.

I still don't like chocolate very much to this day. hehe :)

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
However, as you can tell from the pic on my profile page, I managed to escape without any disfiguring scarring (my ugliness is naturally come by) other than the graze across the top-left side of my scalp, and you can't really notice it anyway. Naturally enough, in the aftermath my nickname was modified. To 'Actual Target'.

Hey, you're cute! But ouchie for the whole 'shot in the head' thing, anyway. :(

This is actually me. Dude, my ex-husband was the COLDEST person IN the universe. I'm sure his feet must have reached absolute zero at times and he always, always insisted on using me to warm up! I feel for other exothermic types... (which reminds me of a funny story: being warm and going to bed earlier than my ex meant that my side of the bed was always toasty by the time he came in and he did the typical thing of putting his cold-ass feet on me to warm up. Well, one day, I had a bit of a go at him for it [jokingly] and asked him if he made it a point to put his feet in the freezer before he decided to come to bed. I went off to work and came home and couldn't find him straight away. I went out to the kitchen and what do I see? Himself sitting on the countertop across from the fridge, reading, with the freezer door open and his feet propped up inside. He just gave me this look like, 'Dang. You caught me!' I don't think I laughed so hard in my life. What a goober-head. :) )

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and ladies, all this talk of chests is having clear brain-melting effects on some of the male individuals in the room. I was discussing it with a female friend yesterday, and she said the males had to get revenge. She also suggested how, in a superficially non-sexy way, this might be achieved...
I think I like where this is...

... oh... never mind then.

:D

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, you're cute! But ouchie for the whole 'shot in the head' thing, anyway. :(

Seconded.

This is actually me. Dude, my ex-husband was the COLDEST person IN the universe. I'm sure his feet must have reached absolute zero at times and he always, always insisted on using me to warm up! I feel for other exothermic types... (which reminds me of a funny story: being warm and going to bed earlier than my ex meant that my side of the bed was always toasty by the time he came in and he did the typical thing of putting his cold-ass feet on me to warm up. Well, one day, I had a bit of a go at him for it [jokingly] and asked him if he made it a point to put his feet in the freezer before he decided to come to bed. I went off to work and came home and couldn't find him straight away. I went out to the kitchen and what do I see? Himself sitting on the countertop across from the fridge, reading, with the freezer door open and his feet propped up inside. He just gave me this look like, 'Dang. You caught me!' I don't think I laughed so hard in my life. What a goober-head. :) )

This is hilarious. :heart:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to buy these expensive 'peppermint ponies' that were chocolate medalions with lovely peppermint. I should try to make my own....

But today its the usual chocolate yogurt. Sans banana and agave since I forgot both. Oops.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Quick poll: Imagine an internally fracture country. That's one plot line, then there's an external plot line involving external politics.

Internal fractures are due to the heritage of the people within the country. I have three races involved in the external politics. I can't decide if I want descendants and mixed descendants of all three races involved within the country, or if I just want two.

If it's just two, the third race is relegated to an external, antagonistic force. If all three are involved internally, then it's more complicated, but that provided more oppertunity of political manipulation of the third race, because they'll have a partially sympathetic attitude towards the country, because some of their people live there.

So do I make the internal situation simpler, and relegate the third race to an antagonistic force, or not?

I hope that makes sense.

Andelana

Registered
Reaction score
So do I make the internal situation simpler, and relegate the third race to an antagonistic force, or not?

I hope that makes sense.

I think it does... I guess I'm seeing it this way: My cousin, let's call him Andrew, and I don't get along. We don't see eye to eye about *anything* and he thinks I'm a horrible person because I call out his aged mother for racist, nasty comments. However, if someone ELSE were to go after my aunt - someone who isn't family - we would both rip off their heads and suck out the tasty, tasty spinal fluid.

So, my questions is, I guess, do the two main peoples in your country both hate the third or is it more like, if someone went after my cousin Andrew, I'd probably do nothing up to a point - I mean, I'd probably jump in if someone was going to kill him, but a broken nose would make me silently go 'Woohoo!' - but my aunt would be upset if he even got a black eye? Is there anything at all that all three of them share? Or that one of them shares with the outside group? How does the outside group feel about the two internal groups? Cause that's going to make a difference, too. If, for example, they are fine that intermarriage happens with the first group, but it totally cheeses them off if intermarriage happens with group two, there's going to be a different dynamic.

I know you're kind of asking 'what is the dynamic that I should use?', but I think you need to sort that out on your own based on what it would do to the story.

How's that for a non-answer? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.