Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.P. Browning

Registered
Reaction score
I read the Twilight saga (I am telling you guys this in confidence), but aside from that no. I am a Fantasy/ Thriller guy, he's a Sci-Fi dude. So neither of us have much clue what we're doing. It's just for fun / practice really. The guy I am writing is a neurotic widower who has become obsessed with attending funerals, and the girl is a slightly deranged barista at his favorite coffee shop who always sees him looking at the obituaries/crime reports, and one day follows him to a funeral. A very odd relationship that could be considered love ensues. Not your typical romance :D

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
N.P - that sounds awesome fun.

And it's probably good neither of you know what you're doing. That way nobody will be all "well, we should do it this way"

The absence of that is better for collaboration, I think.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Had a nice birhtday lunch at T.G.I Friday's enjoying with family. Now to plan some weekend stravaganza.

N.P. Browning

Registered
Reaction score
N.P - that sounds awesome fun.

And it's probably good neither of you know what you're doing. That way nobody will be all "well, we should do it this way"

The absence of that is better for collaboration, I think.

Yeah I think you are completely right. So far it's been a great experience!

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Said person also came to me about a crisis, which I don't think I shared because the stupid hurt too much:

<stupid, also Fen's dignified response, snipped>

There's just no helping people this thick.

Do all the stupid people point at you and scream? It would be just like Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

I read the Twilight saga (I am telling you guys this in confidence),

I'm not getting at you, N.P., but I have read the first three Twilight novels and saw all five films. (I reviewed the books and four out of the five films, so it's on record.) I don't care who knows.

Welcome back, Zanzjan.

Good morning Cantina.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
How is it 11:50 pm? How in the hell?

Yes, but people of worth have to pick up the slackers slack. And then the slacker says 'why do they schedule doctor's appointments during work hours?' As if they have sole monopoly on the right to leave work because they are so fking special.

Said person also came to me about a crisis, which I don't think I shared because the stupid hurt too much:

Stupid: I need to take a longer break. Maybe. I'm not sure, but it's really important.

Me: ummm. What?

S: I am trying to get in touch with my kid's school but no one is answering right now.

M: (((Sucker punch to gut))).

S: No, it's really important.

M: ((((Attacks windpipe, cracks shin with metal pipe.))))

S: But the teacher assigned my kids a book to read and I just found out it has drug use in it.

M: ((((Full frontal heel kick to sternum, inability to whine reduced to below 50%))))

S: But it's not just that.

M: *Attempts to give a damn about this conversation. Fails.*

S continues, in a lowered voice: It has gay people in it.

M: ((((Knee to groin, elbow bash to jaw, dislocate jaw, box ears))))

S: *babbles*

M: This is not an emergency. Get back to work.

There's just no helping people this thick.

Fixed that for you.

Tea should be in more WIPs. *finds places to include tea in Secret Santa*

I think this is why I read so much English literature. Someone always has a comforting trolley of tea and cakes.

Recovering from this evening's workout with wine.

It's for science.

Of course it is.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning :Sun:

Thank you for keeping my world in proportion cantina. I'd be lost without you.

:Hug2: for Fen.

And :Coffee: for everyone.

I was going to try and use more :D Not working so far. Let me go hunt one down.

:Jump:

Haven't seen this one in a while.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:)

Morning folks. There is snow on the ground and about 17 degrees. Yikes.

And I wish stupid people would signal their retardedness with a scream or something obvious from the start.

Alas. At least if I get my carcass out of bed stat, I can make tea.

I think that comma was excessive, but it felt right. How can punctuatiin so wrong feel so good?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Currently 16 F. Feels like 0. High 17 with winds 20-30mph.

While I do run very hot in the morning, and I wasn't cold in a few layers and a dorky ski hat (yes, I marched right into the office in my polka dot hat), the wind gusts were a bit chilling.

I don't think I'll be riding the warhorse today. He can run amuck in the arena hopefully.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
And I wish stupid people would signal their retardedness with a scream or something obvious from the start.

Unfortunately, from their point of view, they don't think the same way as you.

I'm sure you're up to somewhere with advice so here's something to help :Coffee:

Also, I have a :banana:

ION, I am plastered :e2drunk:

Well, no, my bathroom wall is. More heat retention. Yeay!

Also, the nice delivery man has delivered my rice already. I was expecting to have to wait until this afternoon. What a pleasant surprise. I am going to celebrate with a :Coffee:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, from their point of view, they don't think the same way as you.

I'm sure you're up to somewhere with advice so here's something to help :Coffee:

Also, I have a :banana:

ION, I am plastered :e2drunk:

Well, no, my bathroom wall is. More heat retention. Yeay!

Also, the nice delivery man has delivered my rice already. I was expecting to have to wait until this afternoon. What a pleasant surprise. I am going to celebrate with a :Coffee:

No, I'm enjoying the advice. Hillz gave me a theory to look up and that helped a bit. Plus I talked to another super and hashed out how to write said person up for certain stupidities.

Yay for heat retention and rice.

I put $800 of fuel into my heating tank in Oct. At the current rate, I'll need at least $200 more :cry:

On top of that, most my yearly bills, insurance, et al come during the winter. I also have to pay all my acupuncture education fees, and travel to Florida for some of the classes. :cry: I'm not in dire straights, but it is getting very tight.

I need to sell the warhorse by March or April. Money will flow the right way after the horsie has found a new home.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
No, I'm enjoying the advice.

<snip>

I put $800 of fuel into my heating tank in Oct. At the current rate, I'll need at least $200 more :cry:

<snip>

On top of that, most my yearly bills, insurance, et al come during the winter.

<snip>

I need to sell the warhorse by March or April. Money will flow the right way after the horsie has found a new home.

In that case, I will add just a small piece. Try to focus on results, don't let them swamp you with the details.

Wah!

Double Wah!

And :Hug2: for vicariously owned horse. He's real cute.

Toast?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am going to apply for a job as an Equine Ag Extension Agent :D

And if they can't find any vets who used to do equine field work, they'll hire me. Bwah ha ha.

In that case, I will add just a small piece. Try to focus on results, don't let them swamp you with the details.

Wah!

Double Wah!

And :Hug2: for vicariously owned horse. He's real cute.

Toast?

Results are good. Thank you for the hugs and toast. Would you clike cheese and pesto? We could cook some fresh eggs.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, any tips on selling furniture for a good price? I have tons I could move, some worth over $100, but craigslist is flooded with furniture.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooo, it's years since I've had pesto - this is because I have no willpower and would eat the entire jar if I bought it.

Yes please. :idea:

*Offers pizza, I can do GF*

Hehe, I had this same willpower problem recently. I saved my homemade pesto cubes till winter, then started enjoying them. When I was down to six cubes, I took them all out of the freezer and threw them in the fridge. Then I had to eat them quickly before they spoiled. It was horrible I tell you.

Mmmm, pizza, just what I was craving.

Ion, I have two red peppers ready to be picked. I should enjoy those this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.