Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Which is why I wanted to do something very self-contained and set to one chunk of history. Also... some other reason. (and I just realized that I have been poking at that particular story since 1997 or 1998 - can't remember when I heard that)

Unable to click that link as the library computer will crash and die. :dire:

Just got home, had nachos, and fell asleep. Had very weird dreams.

Funny, I only have weird dreams when I have funky mushrooms. :tongue

Yes, but that's because they are a chocolate biscuit. When I was small there was a very corny joke that ran thus:

Why don't polar bears eat penguins?
Because they can't get the wrappers off.

OMG OMG :roll: I thought you meant the actual birds! WTF was I on?! Holy hell... here I was trying to imagine how much more difficult to pluck they must be than a chicken... :e2smack:

It's amazing what the body can manage. If coke can dissolve the edge of a steak, I'm pretty sure it can do damage to the mucosal layer. Thus, as we're all here, our mucosal layers are awesome. I thus wouldn't worry about a few chillis

While they will not hurt you at all, the chilli peppers are trying. I'm serious. The chemicals that give them their heat evolved as a defense against being eaten by any animals other than birds (who aren't affected), as having their seeds spread in birds*** like the plant world's little paratroopers is more advantageous than being spread by land animals.

You should get the tattoo. :D

Agreed. DOOOOO EEEEETTT!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
As in, The Crystal Maze bloke?

That was but one of his myriad moments of awesomeness - see also Rocky Horror Picture Show, Urban Gothic...

Unable to click that link as the library computer will crash and die. :dire:

:roll:

90s song from Travis - I started with the idea of how I could use that song, then came up with everything else to justify it. Then I cut the lyrics from the start of the story.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Pop quiz:

What are your top ten favorite superpowers/paranormal abilities that you've seen written about or wish had been written about? I can only think of firestarting and superstrength.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Pop quiz:

What are your top ten favorite superpowers/paranormal abilities that you've seen written about or wish had been written about? I can only think of firestarting and superstrength.

I doubt I could think of ten good examples, but a few: magical song, plant-based powers, water-based powers, blood magic...

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Pop quiz:

Well, I've only ever seen this in a film. Elastic abilities like elast-a-girl. I wish someone would write about that. It would be such a handy skill to have.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
... getting fired from Jesus Christ Superstar, creating Shock Treatment, voicing the dad in Phineas & Ferb...

Little K has gotten into this show and I'm enjoying it a lot. And here I was thinking that kids cartoons these days are awful. :)

Pop quiz:

I like element based powers. And there was this one anime I saw many years ago about a girl who could control paper, that was pretty cool.

Otherwise, it's hard to think of anything original. Stuff like X-Men seems to have covered all the basics.

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
Pop quiz:

I once read a short story (can't remember the name) about a girl who could speak and understand every language in the world. I've always said I wanted that as a superpower.

One day, I want to write about umbrakinesis....

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Little K has gotten into this show and I'm enjoying it a lot. And here I was thinking that kids cartoons these days are awful. :)
I get some flack for liking it, but it's one of those shows that just works for all audiences.

Also, and I'm saying this without irony or any kind of joking involved: The Phineas & Ferb movie was one of my favourite films of 2011.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Pop quiz:

Time manipulation.
Perfect imitation of gestures by sight.
Empathic control.
Eidetic memory.
Sin eating.
Super calculation of probabilities.
Alternative universe jumping.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
As I type this, my kitchen has been invaded by puppies, looking for mischief. What's funny is that my kitten is in among them, looking for somebody to play with. She keeps launching herself onto one puppy or another, knocking it down and trying to pick a fight. They let her do it for a minute or two, and then get up and wander off again (the puppies, at three weeks, are roughly the same size as the kitten, at about 15 weeks).

With eight puppies, the kitten is in a target rich environment, and is as happy as Larry.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As I type this, my kitchen has been invaded by puppies, looking for mischief. What's funny is that my kitten is in among them, looking for somebody to play with. She keeps launching herself onto one puppy or another, knocking it down and trying to pick a fight. They let her do it for a minute or two, and then get up and wander off again (the puppies, at three weeks, are roughly the same size as the kitten, at about 15 weeks).

With eight puppies, the kitten is in a target rich environment, and is as happy as Larry.

That is the cutest :heart: Please tell me someone is filming it.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Cantina! I'm tired, but will probably take a walk if it doesn't start raining again. Dreary weather is dreary.

At least tell me you knew about the animated Watership Down film. The opening sequence, with the mythology of the rabbits, is one of my faroritest things EVER.
Like I said: never heard of it before. I'm still trying to figure out what the title has to do with rabbits. :Shrug:

Pop quiz:

I've always liked teleportation.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Watership Down is where they go to live, but their bunny journey is full of trouble, and their arrival doesnt fix things either.

Ion, anyone want a warhorse update? :D

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Like I said: never heard of it before. I'm still trying to figure out what the title has to do with rabbits. :Shrug:

It's the (real life) name of a place in England where the bunnies make their home.

(Ooooh. Someone did a Google Map with all the locations! http://goo.gl/maps/Ua2nv)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Yes please to a warhorse update. I could do with something different to focus on. I'm just not feeling right tonight.

So, comeon, make it with the warhorse already before I start a chant going...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.