Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
The half inch of snow probably didn't help. XD

For you taking the bins out you mean? Be careful :)

Sure, in fact I probably have about 15 lbs too many, how many would you like?

A heap of us are using GetYeDone which is kinda fun. :)

about half of that would do just fine :p

And I'm on GetYeDone. I need something that isn't internet based though. Paper and pen is fine for a day, but I continually loose them and I end up with random bits of paper everywhere. I'll never look at a diary.

So I'm basically looking for a list on a screen. Maybe I'll just use stickynotes....

Oh my stars.

Please be careful people.

ION, I am sweltering and sitting here in 17C with two computers on and the cat is complaining that it's not warm enough.

IOON, I swept the floors and did ALL the washing. Yeay!

It's hotter here, now, with all the fans on, at 1130pm, then it is where you are.

I feel like I'm about to expire. No idea how I'm going to get to sleep tonight.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
all good. I fit within the healthy BMI, but just. And given that I was eating a heap over Christmas, I wasn't too happy to loose half a kilo.

Then again, as long as everything is working, and all the minerals, nutrients and kilojoules are present, it probably doesn't matter. I'm not sure BMI is very... exact when it comes to health anyway. More of a general indicator.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
More of a general indicator.

Agreed. I just tend to keep my eye on it because of my knees.

Sounds a bit weird eh? But I am at the top of of the range - thank you genetics, and for years I was overweight, then my doctor pointed out that it probably wasn't helping my cycling because of the extra wear on my knees and I went 'oh yeah!"

As they have to last a life-time I tend to be a bit more careful these days.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Talkative co-worker is talkative.

Nice guy, but eesh. Lemme eat my bagel, man.

Morning gang.

Whut up?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I seriously meant to post this earlier and forgot. I told you - dingbat mode.

This is a lecture by Austin Kleon called 'Steal like a Writer', the slides he refers to are further down the page and you can click along with him as he talks. It's pretty good.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
So I'm basically looking for a list on a screen. Maybe I'll just use stickynotes....

Are you looking for something on your computer or a mobile device? And if a mobile device, what do you have. I have an app I use on my Kindle Fire, but I'm honestly not sure if it's available on anything else.

More of a general indicator.

I hate those charts. For 90% of my life I've been underweight.
I just looked myself up on the CDC site and I'm barely within the normal range right now. And strangely enough, I managed to loose some weight over Christmas. Although, my digestive system did not take kindly to all the rich food it isn't used to having, so that might explain some things.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all. You know what I forgot to make one of my New Year's Resolutions?

Actually write something and finish it.

Yeah, I forgot that. I'm gonna go curl up in my shame corner now with some honeycomb ice cream and some M/M fanfiction.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
According to the CDC, I'm on the upper end of underweight, but according to BUPA, I'm on the lower end of healthy. Good to know.

I'm right now sitting about twenty pounds above my "healthy weight," and I like that just fine. You'll recall in the recent past, when I was working the Job from Hell, and then with the stomach issues, I had dropped to about twenty pounds below healthy weight.

Overweight is better than underweight, at least for me. Stanley will testify that being underweight made me look baaaaaad, in the face, in the body. I felt like crap all the time, I looked like crap all the time....

Over is just better for me.

Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
I'm right now sitting about twenty pounds above my "healthy weight," and I like that just fine. You'll recall in the recent past, when I was working the Job from Hell, and then with the stomach issues, I had dropped to about twenty pounds below healthy weight.

Overweight is better than underweight, at least for me. Stanley will testify that being underweight made me look baaaaaad, in the face, in the body. I felt like crap all the time, I looked like crap all the time....

Over is just better for me.

Absolutely. I have friends who are chronically underweight, and it isn't fun.

The weight I'm at currently seems to be my natural set point, because while I go up and down five pounds or so in fairly regular cycles, I'm always on average about what I am now, regardless of eating or exercise patterns.

In other news, I found out I have digital copies of 223 poems I've written, and they're all crap. Maybe I should give up on the whole poetry thing...

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In other news, I found out I have digital copies of 223 poems I've written, and they're all crap. Maybe I should give up on the whole poetry thing...

Or, if you love poetry, you continue with it and tweak the elements that you don't care for in your current work. After all, we are always harder on ourselves than anyone else.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I registered for a writing course at an open university 45 mins from here :eek:

It's all in Dutch. I wonder how that will go :D

Status
Not open for further replies.