What makes a "GOOD" Hero/Antihero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambrewer

Registered
Reaction score
Ay'm sorry, are you suggesting some connection between a fictional douche and a President?

I was implying that just because someone is presented some way in a movie, it don't may that's what they are in "reality". Okay, it was a bad way to say it, but what I meant was, Superman is written by many people over decades, and the versions are very different from each other. Yet there is a primary Superman that holds the hearts of many, and that version is not the one that goes around punching people for insulting him. :)

tradingdavid

Registered
Reaction score
Perfect heros can work fine but you should throw in some consequence like stress or having breakdown or them doing something obviously wrong due to principle.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
an anti hero is a bad guy doing good things.

I usually use Sam Vimes or Rorschach as examples of anti heroes. They are men of questionable likability. They have done a lot of bad things, they are mean, they think and say bad things, they are dark and conflicted and dearly want to kill all those around them.

But they don't, because some little part of them is trying to fix the world, not necessarily for themselves. They burn with a desire to cleanse the world of every scumbaggy little toerag, even though they know they're bad people too.

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
I was implying that just because someone is presented some way in a movie, it don't may that's what they are in "reality". Okay, it was a bad way to say it, but what I meant was, Superman is written by many people over decades, and the versions are very different from each other. Yet there is a primary Superman that holds the hearts of many, and that version is not the one that goes around punching people for insulting him. :)

As a Superman nerd I agree. Personally I loved him best when he was really, really mean to Jimmy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.