• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Shimmer Magazine

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
I've subbed a few times to Shimmer. No acceptance yet (even before pro-rates they were a tough nut to crack!) but personal rejections that have been absolutely lovely and really useful. I'm determined to send them something they want sooner or later.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I've subbed a few times to Shimmer. No acceptance yet (even before pro-rates they were a tough nut to crack!) but personal rejections that have been absolutely lovely and really useful. I'm determined to send them something they want sooner or later.

Same here. I subbed to them quite a few times, and they were all rejects. Nice place though, but super hard to get into.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, I seem to be fifty-fifty on the personal rejections. Half the time it's a form. One thing I'm disappointed is that they're not into SF, though I may try with a dark SF piece.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com

Dmbeucler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmbeucler.blogspot.com
I can second the "Shimmer is lovely" posts. I've received two rejections and they took time out to personalize them, and with very deft comments. They are on the top of my submission list once I switch back over to writing short stories again. (The novel of doom is occupying all my brain space at the moment.)

Edited to add: Opps it was just two submissions. All of the rejections came very quickly, 17 and 20 days.

Last edited:

Ty Schalter

Registered
Reaction score
Agree with all the above. Got my first personal from them, and the feedback was specific, detailed, extensive, and encouraging. Got something in their slush right now, in fact!

Peace
Ty

Fizgig

Registered
Reaction score
Good call Little Ming :). I'll second all the nice things being said - fast responses, personal, professional, very sweet and encouraging rejection. Sadly I don't really write the kind of stuff they like.