Santa, the last of the wildmen

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72226272829303132

Thread: WriteOnCon online writers' conference

So glad to hear it was helpful. This was definitely a learning process, as it was the first time organizing for all of us. We've gotten lots of feedback and are hoping to make it even better next year!

practical experience, FTW A.P.M.'s Avatar
    I had a lot of fun this year, WriteonCon is always a blast. I'm glad it came back.

Do we know which ninja was which agent, or were they never de-cloaked?

So glad to hear it! We left it up to the ninjas as to whether they revealed themselves. But we do encourage anybody who gets a request to ask the ninja agent who they are if they don't reveal it at that time.

Freshly caught writing bug lives! Netz's Avatar
    The view from my stained glass window suggests by a moonlit lake someplace...
    The Fundraising Campaign has now opened for 2018's WOC conference and details can be found here - http://writeoncon.org/the-fundraising-campaign-is-open/

The conference itself will take place on Friday 9th - Sunday 11th February 2018.

Anybody going to sign up now for the early-bird discount?
    Quest Seekers blog / Twitter

...if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches.
    - William Goldman, The Princess Bride

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    - Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Netz View Post
    The Fundraising Campaign has now opened for 2018's WOC conference and details can be found here - http://writeoncon.org/the-fundraising-campaign-is-open/

The conference itself will take place on Friday 9th - Sunday 11th February 2018.

Anybody going to sign up now for the early-bird discount?
    I am! I'm not helping organize this year, but am looking forward to attending.

Turning the monsters loose borogove's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Netz View Post
    I definitely recommend checking out the fundraiser. There are so many fabulous authors, agents, and editors offering their services. You've got about a week and a half left to snag a really reasonably priced critique.
    "Muriel Spark is said to have felt that she was taking dictation from God every morning sitting there, one supposes, plugged into a Dictaphone, typing away, humming. But this is a very hostile and aggressive position. One might hope for bad things to rain down on a person like this." Anne Lamott

figuring it all out
    When do the fundraising perks become available for use? I bought a first ten pages perk and I'd like to know when we're expected to submit to them and how. I'll be a first time participant in the con.

Turning the monsters loose borogove's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
    When do the fundraising perks become available for use? I bought a first ten pages perk and I'd like to know when we're expected to submit to them and how. I'll be a first time participant in the con.
    You'll get an email letting you know when/how to submit for your critique. I purchased mine on November 2, then received my instructions on the 11th. I submitted a day later and got my 50-pager back within the week. Turnaround time depends on the critiquer's schedule.
    Last edited by borogove; 11-28-2017 at 07:48 AM.
    "Muriel Spark is said to have felt that she was taking dictation from God every morning sitting there, one supposes, plugged into a Dictaphone, typing away, humming. But this is a very hostile and aggressive position. One might hope for bad things to rain down on a person like this." Anne Lamott

practical experience, FTW A.P.M.'s Avatar
    Awesome, nabbed a 5 page critique from an agent. My opening needs work and I don't know where to start, so this is perfect.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    So signing up this year! I'm KateGoodman over there.

I've found you and added your name to the first page, KitKate.

I believe the Early Bird discounts end today, so get in quick if you want discounted entry.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72226272829303132